Author Topic: Saving ship designs  (Read 1163 times)

Offline mboshears (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • m
Saving ship designs
« on: April 28, 2010, 08:52:10 AM »
Is there a way to save ship designs and component designs so that when I start a new game I don't have to redo everything

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
Re: Saving ship designs
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 05:06:48 PM »
Quote from: "mboshears"
Is there a way to save ship designs and component designs so that when I start a new game I don't have to redo everything

short answer is 'no'

reason for this is due to the fact that most components are a combination of different levels of different techs and it is very likely that each game will be generated with different values for these.

I am fairly certain the database is not designed to easily facilitate this even if Steve wanted to implement it.

It can be tedious on a new start, but I quite like it!

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: Saving ship designs
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 06:45:45 PM »
More importantly, each tech system, component, ship, etc. has a racial ID (which is a number) and race IDs are unique even across games, so even if you could they'd all be 'alien empire' systems.

Although folks do regularly request Steve create such a thing, since some folks use the same generic names game after game, or (like me) recreate the same empire game after game to approximate a longer, continuous campaign across various release versions.