Author Topic: Xenology Team Working?  (Read 1470 times)

Offline Paul M (OP)

• Vice Admiral
  • P
Xenology Team Working?
« on: August 11, 2013, 04:51:58 AM »
Is there a indication a Xenology Team is working on a ruin?

The NCC Xenoarcheology Team was landed on Rosetta and so far the summary page still says: (Unknown Race-Xenology Team Required).

Is this normal?

Offline Whitecold

• Commander
  • W
Re: Xenology Team Working?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 05:04:23 AM »
If the xenology team is on the same planet, it works automatically, just wait and see.

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 06:24:04 AM »
A xeno team takes time to decipher the language of the ruins.  It also seems to take longer the larger the ruins are.  You can't see the size of the ruins in the colony screen yet, you can see the size if you look at the F9 system screen.  The sizes are linear with destroyed being the smallest and intact the largest size.  Within that the settlement size is fairly obvious.  An outpost is smaller than a colony, then a settlement, then a city.  A intact outpost will have more facilities to recover than a destroyed settlement.

Hope that helps

Brian

Offline Paul M (OP)

• Vice Admiral
  • P
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 02:39:36 AM »
Ok...I was thinking that the "Xenology Team Required" would have changed to "Xenology Team Present" or something.

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 07:02:10 AM »
If you have the officers with a decent xeno score you can put more than 1 team to work.  Each works seperately but each also gets it's chance to decipher the ruins on each build phase.  It does tend to speed up how fast it goes somewhat.  Something else you can do if you don't have any ruins to work with is take your ground commanders that have a xeno bonus and use them.  Once you can start excavating ruins you will want those commanders in command of your construction brigades.  It will give you a better chance to recover things instead of the message that the installation was to damaged for anything to be recovered.

Brian

Offline Paul M (OP)

• Vice Admiral
  • P
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 07:32:06 AM »
I don't have enough officers "spare" to make more than one team.  NCC Xenoarcheology is 1 Navy Lt. Cmdr, 1 Scientist, and 3 Army Col.  Total score of 80.  The colony administrator also has Xenology 10% so I hope that either adds or is multiplied in.

I lack the tech for engineers so it will be a while before I can exploit the ruins not to mention I will need a new troop transporter to get them to the planet as the Ceylon only can carry a battalion.  I suspect I'll make something like an AK (converted civillian transport), the Ceylon class is a dedicated military troop ship.