Author Topic: Ship notification - why not systematically includes the fleet for reference?  (Read 1355 times)

Offline vorpal+5 (OP)

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Would there be an adverse effect about that? I mean, that's nice to tell me that Lancaster 49 has sustained an engine failure or that Copernicus 23 is beyond deployment time, but not having the fleet name cited makes it sometime convoluted to remember or find the actual ship in all our fleets.

Obviously it does not bother Steve, so perhaps I'm missing something here. PS: I don't have a photographic memory sorry, so I don't remember at all time in which fleet all my ships are  ;D

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Would there be an adverse effect about that? I mean, that's nice to tell me that Lancaster 49 has sustained an engine failure or that Copernicus 23 is beyond deployment time, but not having the fleet name cited makes it sometime convoluted to remember or find the actual ship in all our fleets.

Obviously it does not bother Steve, so perhaps I'm missing something here. PS: I don't have a photographic memory sorry, so I don't remember at all time in which fleet all my ships are  ;D

You can always right click on the galactic map over the interested system which will display you a list with the only fleets available there.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
I've added the fleet name to the maintenance failure and deployment exceeded events.

According to others, apparently I do have a unusually good memory, although it seems like a normal memory to me :).

The following users thanked this post: Froggiest1982, vorpal+5, Black, papent, DIT_grue, StarshipCactus, Migi, Gabrote42

Offline vorpal+5 (OP)

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
That's great, thanks!

Offline RougeNPS

• Lt. Commander
  • R
Vorpal+5 seems to have a good reputation for getting Steve to add things.  ;D

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Vorpal+5 seems to have a good reputation for getting Steve to add things.  ;D

QoL and general modifications get added by Steve frequently to be honest, I did have a few added as well.

Different is when we come up with entirely new concepts or mechanics that are either hard to implement or he just does not like them.

I think it's conforting to know that Steve does read every post and nothing really pass under his nose undetected, so I am sure that in a way or another some of his ideas are also due to the high amount of clncepts we pitch him everyday.

Offline vorpal+5 (OP)

• Commodore
Indeed, Steve does read almost all threads and posts. 'professional' game developers can learn from that.

I'm trying to keep a very humble and non demanding approach when it comes to game design (and requests in general), this is Steve project, he owns us nothing.