Author Topic: Semi-Official 6.x Suggestion Thread  (Read 108332 times)

Offline Vortex421

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • V
Re: Semi-Official 6.x Suggestion Thread
« Reply #555 on: March 20, 2015, 09:39:56 AM »
Sliding off the current discussions for a second, but something I noticed:

All Civilian Administrators (at game start, at least) start off at 21.  This should probably be randomized since these are effectively planetary leaders.  (In point of fact, how often do you see the leader of a nation become leader at the age of 21 if they are not in a monarchy?)

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #556 on: March 24, 2015, 12:18:51 AM »
Is it possible to add Precursor orbital habitats back in? I just ran across them in the spoiler forum and love the idea, maybe the bug that was plaguing them has already been solved?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 06:56:56 AM by sloanjh »
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #557 on: March 24, 2015, 06:58:20 AM »
Is it possible to add Precursor orbital habitats back in? I just ran across them in the spoiler forum and love the idea, maybe the bug that was plaguing them has already been solved?

I modified your post (above) to add a spoiler tag.  Please use spoiler tags when discussing spoiler stuff outside the spoiler board :)

Thanks,
John

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #558 on: March 24, 2015, 08:17:02 AM »
You're right, however it's hardly a spoiler if the feature doesn't actually exist :P
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "

Offline xeryon

• Captain
« Reply #559 on: March 24, 2015, 12:21:01 PM »
Simple request: Turn off the auto-turn stops when civilian companies add mining complexes, build ships or scrap old ships. 

Easily half of my Auto-turn stoppages are due to civilian interrupts.  Later in the game when it is unusual to have a 5 turn increment elapse without an action needing attention it is bothersome to keep clicking to continue when the only thing that happened is 'Due to age, Decimater Enterprises scrapped a Small F3 class Freighter'...

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #560 on: March 24, 2015, 12:41:16 PM »
The ability to create smaller than 1MSP ordinance. I really want to rock my MIRVs firing hails of 0.25MSP Micromissiles. The design I came up with seems to work well in theory, but I can't actually design and build them because of that limitation.
Code: [Select]
Missile Size: 0.25 MSP  (0.0125 HS)     Warhead: 1    Armour: 0     Manoeuvre Rating: 17
Speed: 22400 km/s    Engine Endurance: 1 minutes   Range: 1.5m km
Cost Per Missile: 0.3568
Chance to Hit: 1k km/s 380.8%   3k km/s 119%   5k km/s 76.2%   10k km/s 38.1%
Materials Required:    0.25x Tritanium   0.1068x Gallicite   Fuel x5

Development Cost for Project: 36RP
Keep in mind this is still only 1377 pounds (625 kg) (assuming the tons in this game is metric tons, 1400 pounds-long tons, 1200 pounds-short tons). This is about the size of the IRL Harpoon Missile that was designed in the 60s.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 12:43:14 PM by 83athom »
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Erik L (OP)

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #561 on: March 24, 2015, 12:50:19 PM »
The ability to create smaller than 1MSP ordinance. I really want to rock my MIRVs firing hails of 0.25MSP Micromissiles. The design I came up with seems to work well in theory, but I can't actually design and build them because of that limitation.
Code: [Select]
Missile Size: 0.25 MSP  (0.0125 HS)     Warhead: 1    Armour: 0     Manoeuvre Rating: 17
Speed: 22400 km/s    Engine Endurance: 1 minutes   Range: 1.5m km
Cost Per Missile: 0.3568
Chance to Hit: 1k km/s 380.8%   3k km/s 119%   5k km/s 76.2%   10k km/s 38.1%
Materials Required:    0.25x Tritanium   0.1068x Gallicite   Fuel x5

Development Cost for Project: 36RP
Keep in mind this is still only 1377 pounds (625 kg) (assuming the tons in this game is metric tons, 1400 pounds-long tons, 1200 pounds-short tons). This is about the size of the IRL Harpoon Missile that was designed in the 60s.

Smaller than 1 MSP missiles were removed a couple years ago due to some exploityness.

Offline Prince of Space

• Lieutenant
  • We like it very much.
« Reply #562 on: March 31, 2015, 11:43:11 AM »
A minor request:

Could we get thousands-separating commas in more places in the class design summary?

Currently there are commas in the tonnage, fuel capacity, and habitation capacity items, but they are missing in the crew, BP, TCS, cargo, cryogenic berths, and maintenance module items. Some places it might be more necessary than others, but currently, if I want to see if my maintenance base design has a capacity of 4000 or 40000 tons, I end up getting nose prints on my monitor.

Offline linkxsc

• Commander
« Reply #563 on: April 01, 2015, 11:55:34 AM »
Allow gov't purchase of civilian infrastructure, just like you can buy minerals from civvy mines.

Reasons.
I like most people in a conventional start, will generally build up as much infrastructure as I can before Trans-Newtonian is researched. Then I'll shoot for starting a colony on the moon quickly. This does 2 things. 1 it bolsters your shipping lines. 2 it starts producing wealth from those trades. and 3 it starts to use up civilian produced infrastructure. Its not too difficult to end up with 5000-6000 infrastructure on the moon after 5 years, without any player input. Which this becomes fairly notable down the line when I finally terraform the moon, and often have 20-25k infrastructure there, to shift to mars, or any of Jupiter's moons, or anywhere else I may wish, because all that infrastructure is controllable by me.

Thing that becomes annoying though is the usual 5-10 years in the early game while researching an engine, cryogenic transport, and building a ship to start the colony on the moon. Thats easily 5000-10000 infrastructture that will never get used and goes to waste.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #564 on: April 01, 2015, 09:19:48 PM »
I'm suggesting a minor alteration of shipyard expansions, continuous expansion easily outpaces large chunk expansions making them basically pointless, I imagine it should be more efficient to retool at once, also remembering that there is a major downside which is you can't cancel mid expansion like you can with continuous.
I propose making larger expansions increasingly more efficient, not game breakingly so but enough to justify using them over continuous, also I suggest seriously nerfing the efficiency of continuous, maybe just a flat 30% reduction over a standard 1000 ton expansion, the larger chunks getting minor bonuses, maybe just 5% faster for each level? And maybe add some larger chunks too, 2-,000, 50,000, and 100,000 ton expansions.

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #565 on: April 01, 2015, 10:18:50 PM »
I'm suggesting a minor alteration of shipyard expansions, continuous expansion easily outpaces large chunk expansions making them basically pointless, I imagine it should be more efficient to retool at once, also remembering that there is a major downside which is you can't cancel mid expansion like you can with continuous.
I propose making larger expansions increasingly more efficient, not game breakingly so but enough to justify using them over continuous, also I suggest seriously nerfing the efficiency of continuous, maybe just a flat 30% reduction over a standard 1000 ton expansion, the larger chunks getting minor bonuses, maybe just 5% faster for each level? And maybe add some larger chunks too, 2-,000, 50,000, and 100,000 ton expansions.
It would be so much easier if instead of a continuous expansion there was just some window in which you could put the target mass that you want, where it would stop. Normally you know what size you want anyway, and with the current method you just check a couple of times around the time when you think it is where you wanted it. This would have the advantage... of having no advantages, because it could operate just like the normal 1k, 2k etc. expansion, where you see the resource cost and the time, but only get the result once it is really finished, so it would in no way be better. (with such a little entry box, the drop down menu could in theory even be scrapped, because everyone would be using target mass)
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #566 on: April 01, 2015, 10:59:26 PM »
That would be much easier, yeah.

Offline xeryon

• Captain
« Reply #567 on: April 02, 2015, 08:09:49 AM »
I would also ease my OCD.  I never use continuous expansion as I cannot stand not having nice even numbers for my shipyard tonnages.

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #568 on: April 02, 2015, 09:55:18 PM »
I would also ease my OCD.  I never use continuous expansion as I cannot stand not having nice even numbers for my shipyard tonnages.
Hehe, that is why I avoided it for 4 long games too, even though I needed huge shipyards. I reached the point where seeing all that work coming up again had finally overpowered my reluctance to correct with SM. ...Though I still refuse to do it for yards up to 300kts. :)
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #569 on: April 09, 2015, 10:15:27 AM »
The ability to tow wrecks. I was actually kind of surprised that you could not tow them. Also a side request, I think that wrecks should changed in that they require to be found via sensors to see them. They don't have to be found with a special "wreckage scanner" but I think either the active or gravity sensors (or both) would work perfectly. However I don't think this should effect wrecks made from your own ships as they are confirmed wreckage at a confirmed location.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.