Author Topic: What's Going On In Your Empire: C# Edition  (Read 72070 times)

Online AlStar

• Lieutenant
  • Flag Maker Flag Maker : For creating Flags for Aurora
    Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
Re: What's Going On In Your Empire: C# Edition
« Reply #510 on: April 17, 2024, 10:08:28 PM »
It's the 84th year of the Imperium, and I just thought I'd celebrate the Exploration Ship EX-01 Great White.  Constructed in August of 2033, the Great White has somehow managed to survive over 50 years.

In that time, it has travelled 1,515 billion km, discovered 132 bodies with minerals, 23 jump points, 1 ruin, and 15 star systems.

That crew must have the luck of the Irish going on, because my explorer hull numbers go EX-1, EX-5, EX-8, EX-10, EX-11, EX-15, then EX-17 through EX-19.

The following users thanked this post: Steve Walmsley, Kaiser, vorpal+5, Akhillis, skoormit

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #511 on: April 20, 2024, 08:34:52 AM »
In other news, Lieutenant Commander Thomas Landsberg found 1 Vendarite on Moon AC B-XXVIII. Accessibility is 1 though, so that's something!

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #512 on: April 20, 2024, 11:54:03 AM »
In other news, Lieutenant Commander Thomas Landsberg found 1 Vendarite on Moon AC B-XXVIII. Accessibility is 1 though, so that's something!

Quick, send a guy with a shovel.

The following users thanked this post: vorpal+5, AlStar

Online AlStar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #513 on: April 29, 2024, 12:10:17 PM »
We just participated in the largest battle in our empire's history to date - roughly 300,000 tons of Precursor ships, plus STOs on the planet below against a roughly equal tonnage of my own ships.

Something I don't think I ever appreciated before was just how devastatingly quick beam combats can be. The design philosophy I've been following in this game is massed laser weapons - 10cm turrets for primarily anti-missile operations, then 12cm or 15cm for higher damage and more range. Everything with the capacitor technology needed to fire every 5 seconds.

Once our fleet got within beam range of the planet - close enough that everything I had could fire, but far enough away that the (50!) STOs were only hitting for 1 point of damage; missing often - the entire combat took less than three minutes. I know this, because about halfway through the fight, some of the damaged Precursors came after us - either because they had run out of missiles and were going to ram, or because they wanted to get within range of their mass drivers; I'm not sure. In any case, I knocked the engines out on one of them, and deployed assault troops mid-fight. That combat - which ticks every minute - only got a single round off before the shooting stopped.

Roughly 400,000 tons of combat ships (100% of their force, ~30% of mine) vaporized in minutes.

The following users thanked this post: Kaiser, skoormit

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #514 on: Yesterday at 05:15:20 AM »

Attention all personnel! Attention all personnel!
The exo is again advising the use of the VR booths for all adults' entertainment. Only movies and 3D scenes without extreme motions are allowed in this area.

(sorry poor humor, I'm tired!)

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #515 on: Yesterday at 07:09:24 AM »
It is the start of year 2046.
After 21 years of exploration, we have discovered 16 new systems.
Those systems contain a total of 2375 bodies.
Of those, 2010 are asteroids.
Of those, 1315 are found in just two systems: Abbey and Coamo.

Abbey is two hops from home (only 6.7bkm from the home star to Abbey-A) and contains 563 asteroids.
Unfortunately, those asteroids have very, very large orbits.
The smallest orbit is 2.6bkm.
The median orbit is 35.65bkm.
The largest orbit is 297.9bkm.

To date we have surveyed 320 of these asteroids.
243 asteroids remain, with orbits starting at 22.8bkm.

If travel time between asteroids were instant, we could survey the remaining asteroids, with a single geo sensor, in about 14 months.

However, travel time is not instant.
In the past year, our three dedicated survey ships in Abbey scanned a total of 21 asteroids.

We are calling off the surveying effort, as the potential discoveries do not justify the resource investment.

Online AlStar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #516 on: Yesterday at 07:18:21 AM »
I've got some systems like that.  :P

If you want to maximize your potential returns, scan the asteroids with the highest gravity - specifically, from what I've seen, asteroids that don't require LG infrastructure tend to be more likely to have minerals, and if they have minerals, they're more likely to have (very) high concentrations.

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #517 on: Yesterday at 08:15:37 AM »
If you want to maximize your potential returns, scan the asteroids with the highest gravity - specifically, from what I've seen, asteroids that don't require LG infrastructure tend to be more likely to have minerals, and if they have minerals, they're more likely to have (very) high concentrations.

Hmm...this is intriguing. Now I'm going to have to do some correlation testing.

Then again, my primary use for asteroids is orbital mining, and that requires small asteroids.

Still, it would be interesting to find an optimizable survey pattern.

Online KriegsMeister

• Chief Petty Officer
  • K
« Reply #518 on: Yesterday at 09:26:53 AM »
For systems like these I like to build Asteroid miner ships with a geo-survey module, and cargo space for a mass driver. It does take a bit of micro as I haven't found a good way to set up orders to survey next body->unload mass driver->mine till depleted->load mass driver->survey next body. However I like it so that my dedicated Scout ships can focus on more fruitful and easier to scout systems without having to forgo all the extra minerals in these "proto-planetary disk" systems

The following users thanked this post: vorpal+5, skoormit

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #519 on: Yesterday at 09:43:19 AM »
My Terraformer teams are learning the difference between ammonia and aetesium, you should not be pumping one into the atmosphere of a nearly habitable planet

The following users thanked this post: Gyrfalcon, AlStar, Garfunkel, BigBacon, skoormit, nuclearslurpee, lumporr

Online Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #520 on: Today at 04:15:54 AM »

Hmm...this is intriguing. Now I'm going to have to do some correlation testing.

Then again, my primary use for asteroids is orbital mining, and that requires small asteroids.

Still, it would be interesting to find an optimizable survey pattern.

Higher mass means the RNG is weighted towards larger deposits, but lower accessibility. Lower mass means the opposite. This is why super-terrestrial worlds tends to have huge deposits but often minimal accessibility, whereas asteroids usually have very high accessibility, but small deposits. Higher mass asteroids will still tend to still have higher accessibilities, but a better chance of a larger deposit.

Systems with younger stars are weighted toward a higher chance of deposits being present.

The following users thanked this post: AlStar, Tunsku

Offline randakar

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • r
« Reply #521 on: Today at 08:51:24 AM »
Just popping in to post a link to a long writeup of a game over on the Paradox forums, made by Blue Emu - https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/sirius-business-a-c-aurora-forum-game-v2-5.1621469

Perhaps some of you might find this interesting to read.   

Fixed the link
« Last Edit: Today at 09:10:01 AM by Garfunkel »

The following users thanked this post: vorpal+5

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #522 on: Today at 09:10:44 AM »
Oh, he started a new one! I thought you were reposting the old one. Cheers, will read for sure.