Author Topic: Installations and Equipment  (Read 1569 times)

Offline Orieni01 (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • O
Installations and Equipment
« on: January 30, 2012, 10:32:10 AM »
Where can I find out how many of a given item I have at a location?  For instance, how many Mass Drivers are waiting for ships to pick them up and deliver them, or how many Infrastructure are awaiting delivery to a colony? 

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Installations and Equipment
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 11:37:11 AM »
Economics screen (F2), Summary Tab
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Orieni01 (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • O
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 03:29:53 PM »
Thanks, I knew it had to be somewhere.   

Offline nafaho7

• Chief Petty Officer
  • n
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 04:35:22 PM »
But is there somewhere that will display how many installations are on a colony, including unfinished fractions?  Or can we only ever see complete installations?  I have had fractions of facilities be lost before, and had no idea of exactly how many additional buildings I needed to add to the queue.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 05:27:18 PM »
But is there somewhere that will display how many installations are on a colony, including unfinished fractions?  Or can we only ever see complete installations?  I have had fractions of facilities be lost before, and had no idea of exactly how many additional buildings I needed to add to the queue.

On the same screen, when you are in SM Mode there should be a new button on the bottom right for editing colonies. This pops up a new window with a list of colonies on the left frame and then all the summary details on the right frame - but they can be edited. I seem to recall that this one shows fractions, maybe.

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 12:31:24 PM »
I think something has changed about fractions in recent months.  Not sure.  I used to have lots of fractional installations reported, but now with the exception of research installations, the fractions seem "hidden" from me.

I have no qualms about finding and eliminating fractional installations in the SM tab.  Keeps the database happy.

Offline Marthnn

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 03:56:18 PM »
Quote from: Thiosk link=topic=4597. msg46070#msg46070 date=1328207484
I used to have lots of fractional installations reported, but now with the exception of research installations, the fractions seem "hidden" from me.
I just discovered you can't transport 0. 05 of a research lab.  At least not with a 50. 000T cargo freighter.  After trying to fix it with my freighter and with a contract, I SM'ed it to balance the 2 colonies.  Annoying but easily fixed.  I'm only wondering how it happened in the first place.  Next times I want to transport large installations, I'll use a fleet with 500. 000T total cargo capacity.

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 05:25:59 PM »
Actually, the research labs are funky.  I tend to move them in groups of five, and inevitably they get broken up in .15 and .10 fractions.

I've taken to moving them by SM mode, simply because of this-- I need to go into the window anyway to fix the fractions, and my civilians have PLENTY of 50 cargo hold ships to move them around, so we just do it simple mode ;)

its just from earth to mars, dumping in 5 more stations every time mars gets 5 million more workers :D