Author Topic: Loading troops on to transport  (Read 1808 times)

Offline Spacemonkey969 (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • S
Loading troops on to transport
« on: April 17, 2020, 08:43:05 PM »
How does it work
 I have a unit that is roughly 20K and part of a higher command and 6 ships that can hold 5k each all in the same fleet. 

Does one ship need to be able to carry the entire formation or do I need to move the entire group?

Right now I give the pick up order the fleet goes through the motion but nothing is moving. 

Edit Im making sure Im not doing anything wrong before I post in bugs
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 08:47:13 PM by Spacemonkey969 »

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: Loading troops on to transport
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 10:10:20 PM »
How does it work
 I have a unit that is roughly 20K and part of a higher command and 6 ships that can hold 5k each all in the same fleet. 

Does one ship need to be able to carry the entire formation or do I need to move the entire group?

Right now I give the pick up order the fleet goes through the motion but nothing is moving. 

Edit Im making sure Im not doing anything wrong before I post in bugs

Indeed, one ship does need to hold the entire formation.  But fear not, you can easily use drag-and-drop to split up your formation into five or six parts, each small enough to fit inside one transport ship, then reassemble at the other end.

Offline Mr.Nap

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
Re: Loading troops on to transport
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 02:12:30 PM »
In addition, if members of the forum would seek to know how to embark armies, division etc, at the same time on ships (by having the capacity of transport of course), I post here the image. It might help.

The following users thanked this post: NéMeSsIz, space dwarf