Author Topic: Manual Fuel Transfer  (Read 3483 times)

Offline Adseria (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
Manual Fuel Transfer
« on: April 21, 2020, 11:17:04 AM »
Has it been removed?

Thanks to the locked resolution, I can't see the "tanker" checkbox in the ship design window, which means I can't set my ships as tankers. The ability to transfer fuel manually is the only thing that might make the game playable, and I can't find it in the naval organisation window. Is it hidden somewhere, or has it been removed because of the new refuelling mechanics?

Offline YABG

• Chief Petty Officer
  • Y
Re: Manual Fuel Transfer
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 11:31:20 AM »
As far as I can tell it's not in yet and although I wouldn't be surprised if we got something like the old ship screen from VB6 days for some finer control. If Steve did fancy implementing that, though, its probably way down the list of things.

Stupid question, but can't you just drag the ship design screen over to the left (so the left half is off screen) like I've done in the screenshot? The Tac map is fullscreened and I've pulled the shipdesign menu off to the left so only the tanker/no armour/obsolete/conscript options are showing.

Offline Adseria (OP)

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 11:55:47 AM »
As far as I can tell it's not in yet and although I wouldn't be surprised if we got something like the old ship screen from VB6 days for some finer control. If Steve did fancy implementing that, though, its probably way down the list of things.

Stupid question, but can't you just drag the ship design screen over to the left (so the left half is off screen) like I've done in the screenshot? The Tac map is fullscreened and I've pulled the shipdesign menu off to the left so only the tanker/no armour/obsolete/conscript options are showing.

Yes, I can, but that's not the problem. The game window fits on the screen just fine; the problem is that the game doesn't fit in the window. See my screenshot.

All of the windows are like this. I can't see the resource cost of a new ship in the shipyard window. I can only just see how long a research project will take (I can see the day and month, but not the year).
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 12:24:24 PM by Adseria »

Offline macks

• Chief Petty Officer
  • m
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 01:35:29 PM »
did you set your display to 1440 x 900?

Offline Adseria (OP)

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 02:40:07 PM »

I wasn't aware I had to; I thought the game ran in 1280x1024.

How would I go about changing it on Windows 7?

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2020, 03:01:56 PM »

Clsoe all windows, right-click on your screen background, choose display settings, select resolution of 1440x900 or better.

While you're there, check that display scaling is set to 100%.

Offline Adseria (OP)

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2020, 04:02:27 PM »

Clsoe all windows, right-click on your screen background, choose display settings, select resolution of 1440x900 or better.

While you're there, check that display scaling is set to 100%.

It won't let me set the resolution higher than 1280x1024 (native resolution)

EDIT: Also, there was no option for "display settings;" I used "screen resolution" instead. Not sure if this is important?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 04:04:12 PM by Adseria »

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2020, 05:34:07 PM »
It won't let me set the resolution higher than 1280x1024 (native resolution)

EDIT: Also, there was no option for "display settings;" I used "screen resolution" instead. Not sure if this is important?

Then you should probably look for a TV or second monitor to use when playing Aurora.

- - - - -

Not important.

Offline Adseria (OP)

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2020, 06:00:29 AM »
Wait, so let me just get this straight. C# Aurora is basically unplayable for me because my monitor runs in the supremely exotic resolution of 1280x1024? Wonderful...

Well, I... guess I can RP a massively defensive empire?  ;D

Offline Adseria (OP)

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2020, 07:16:19 AM »
I have a suggestion for a fairly simple fix; Make it so that any ship with a refuelling system (or hub) is automatically set as a tanker (the same with ordnance transfer systems/hubs on colliers). It's obviously not a perfect solution, but I'd be happy for the game to just be vaguely playable.

The following users thanked this post: Alsadius

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2020, 07:16:48 AM »
Wait, so let me just get this straight. C# Aurora is basically unplayable for me because my monitor runs in the supremely exotic resolution of 1280x1024? Wonderful...

You could try Infinite screen so you can scroll around for things, you only need to extend in 1 direction so maybe it would work well?
Someone in another thread was asking to play on a 1366 x 768 netbook so basically no matter what screen resolution Steve makes the game run at there will be at least 10 people asking for it to be reduced so they can play it on a 1995 gameboy colour or raspberry Pi.

Offline Adseria (OP)

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2020, 07:58:41 AM »

You could try Infinite screen so you can scroll around for things, you only need to extend in 1 direction so maybe it would work well?
Someone in another thread was asking to play on a 1366 x 768 netbook so basically no matter what screen resolution Steve makes the game run at there will be at least 10 people asking for it to be reduced so they can play it on a 1995 gameboy colour or raspberry Pi.

I just had a look at Infinite Screen (assuming you mean this: http://infinite-screen.findmysoft.com/). It wouldn't help. The problem isn't that the window doesn't fit on my screen, it's that the game doesn't fit in the window. See the screenshot I posted previously.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2020, 08:06:24 AM »
I had same problem, you have 125% scaling, change it to 100%. That solved this problem for me.

Offline Adseria (OP)

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2020, 08:20:31 AM »
I had same problem, you have 125% scaling, change it to 100%. That solved this problem for me.

No, I didn't. Once again, it's not that the window doesn't fit on the screen, it's that the game doesn't fit in the window.

Offline Noriad

• Petty Officer
  • N
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2020, 05:15:13 PM »
Quote from: Adseria link=topic=10983. msg126859#msg126859 date=1587560321

I just had a look at Infinite Screen (assuming you mean this: hxxp: infinite-screen. findmysoft. com/).  It wouldn't help.  The problem isn't that the window doesn't fit on my screen, it's that the game doesn't fit in the window.  See the screenshot I posted previously.

I too play on a 1280x1024 monitor and while I can move windows on screen, some windows have some content shaved off on the right side due to the window being too small.   
The Infinite Screen program you link to helps.  Open the aurora screen, switch to infinite screen third tab (called oversize), then "reload list".   On the bottom of the list you can find the Aurora screen (they all start with CN:WindowsForm10. Window. 8. app. . . ).   
Put a dash in "forever" and then upgrade the "Width" a few clicks.  The Aurora window now gets bigger and shows the shaved-off content if you move the window to the left.  A bit tedious but it works.