Author Topic: Ground Unit Police Strength in C#  (Read 3762 times)

Offline xenoscepter (OP)

• Vice Admiral
Ground Unit Police Strength in C#
« on: April 25, 2020, 06:27:22 PM »
NOTE: I'm currently on 1.7.3, so might be bugged. (Addendum: It was a bug in 1.7.2, but was supposedly fixed for 1.7.3)

- I placed 450 tons of PWL Infantry on Luna, divided into three 150 Ton formations. Luna had a population of 25 Million, and I SM'd the formations in alongside the population at game start. Luna had sufficient infrastructure, but a worker surplus of less than 10 million I think. I also colonized Magellan at game start, with 5 million, but with a much more significant worker surplus than Luna and only 150 Tons of PWL Infantry.

- Weapon / Armor strength was 4/6. Even with a PPV of 21, with Magellan requiring only 5, unrest continued to increase I think. The political stability modifier was at 1% for both, so I assume that is unrest. How is Police Strength calculated in C#? What am I missing?

Offline Ektor

• Lieutenant
  • E
Re: Ground Unit Police Strength in C#
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 06:40:30 PM »
NOTE: I'm currently on 1.7.3, so might be bugged. (Addendum: It was a bug in 1.7.2, but was supposedly fixed for 1.7.3)

This has already been fixed. This is why Steve asks us to confirm bugs in the current version. Unless you can reproduce this in 1.8, this is not worth a bug report.

Offline xenoscepter (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 06:55:24 PM »
-Ektor
This has already been fixed. This is why Steve asks us to confirm bugs in the current version. Unless you can reproduce this in 1.8, this is not worth a bug report.

- Read the entire post next time before giving me a snotty reply. This is C# Mechanics, not C# Bug Reports. Even if it was a bug report, the method to reproduce it is in the post, so your criticism is moot. A friendly piece of advice, read the posts and don't be an asshole.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 09:49:08 PM »

- I placed 450 tons of PWL Infantry on Luna, divided into three 150 Ton formations. Luna had a population of 25 Million, and I SM'd the formations in alongside the population at game start. Luna had sufficient infrastructure, but a worker surplus of less than 10 million I think. I also colonized Magellan at game start, with 5 million, but with a much more significant worker surplus than Luna and only 150 Tons of PWL Infantry.

- Weapon / Armor strength was 4/6. Even with a PPV of 21, with Magellan requiring only 5, unrest continued to increase I think. The political stability modifier was at 1% for both, so I assume that is unrest. How is Police Strength calculated in C#? What am I missing?

1.  I used about 30,000 tons of garrison troops to keep my off-world colony happy.

2.  We don't really know, but we assume it's based on 'numbers (or tonnage) * tech level' (maybe only weapons tech, maybe an average of both).

- - - - -

The answer, of course, is to SM-add troops a hundred or a thousand tons at a time, checking after every production cycle to see when unrest stops increasing.

Offline Pedroig

• Lt. Commander
  • P
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2020, 07:05:56 AM »
1.  Ground Forces do not provide PV at all.

2.  Ground Forces do degrade unrest.

3.  450 tons for 25 million people would be like having 75 police in New York City.

I use two different ways of providing ground troops to colonies:
a)  For vital colonies I use 1 STO Division (about 60k) for every Admin Point required of the colony administrator.
b)  For other colonies I use 50 tons per 1 million population.
si vis pacem, para bellum