Author Topic: Xenoarchaeology and Construction  (Read 3130 times)

Offline ndkid (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • n
Xenoarchaeology and Construction
« on: April 25, 2020, 07:05:37 PM »
So, in my 1.8 playthrough, there were alien ruins on Ganymede. I created three Ground forces with 10 XA vehicles each, created a colony, and waited for them to translate the alien language.
Years passed. No dice. I was confused.
So, after about a decade, I create two ground forces with 10 construction vehicles each, and dropped them on Ganymede. Literally in the same 30-day increment in which they were dropped, I get the ruins exploited event.
I guess there's a small chance this is pure luck, or I've completely misunderstood the new rules. I _thought_ the idea was that now, XA was used to translate their language and get a sense for what the installations were, and Construction was for actually reclaiming said structures. But the behavior makes me think I need both to see any progress with alien ruins.

Offline Person012345

• Captain
Re: Xenoarchaeology and Construction
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 07:11:21 PM »
No, your first idea is right, maybe they translated it and you just missed the notification?

The following users thanked this post: Marslettuce

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
Re: Xenoarchaeology and Construction
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 07:12:38 PM »
So, in my 1.8 playthrough, there were alien ruins on Ganymede. I created three Ground forces with 10 XA vehicles each, created a colony, and waited for them to translate the alien language.
Years passed. No dice. I was confused.
So, after about a decade, I create two ground forces with 10 construction vehicles each, and dropped them on Ganymede. Literally in the same 30-day increment in which they were dropped, I get the ruins exploited event.
I guess there's a small chance this is pure luck, or I've completely misunderstood the new rules. I _thought_ the idea was that now, XA was used to translate their language and get a sense for what the installations were, and Construction was for actually reclaiming said structures. But the behavior makes me think I need both to see any progress with alien ruins.

I think the way XA works is that based on your total xeno points theres a % chance that the translation happens every construction increment. Your CON value just allows you to recover installations.