Author Topic: Combat help.  (Read 1241 times)

Offline Silverkeeper (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • S
Combat help.
« on: April 28, 2020, 06:45:02 AM »
I Have Launched the fighters and enemy is inside their firecontrol.

So this is embarrassing, but how do I fire? A step by step guide would be appreciated.
Iwant group 1 to fire at achilles 1. Group 2 at Achilles2 etc...

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
Re: Combat help.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 06:46:07 AM »
here is a video I did on ship combat and how to fire and use your weapons

The following users thanked this post: Silverkeeper, skoormit

Offline Silverkeeper (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • S
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 08:33:18 AM »
Thanks for the video. I finally figured combat and as expected I got stomped to mulch by a dozen other ships.
Still it was fun while it lasted.

Any suggestions on effective point defence?

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 08:36:59 AM »
Lots of gauss for short range mass firerate, and AMMs for longer range point defence systems, also do not feel you always need to take fights and look at the strategic overview before comitting half your fleet to an action that will yield you very little. I will be making in the future more videos around ship combat and doctrine as well as philosophy on taking engagements and the like, but I am glad the video helped you get your first experience, and PS trial and error is your best friend in aurora, you will get it at some point :)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 08:40:13 AM by SpaceMarine »

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 07:02:26 PM »
Lots of gauss for short range mass firerate, and AMMs for longer range point defence systems, also do not feel you always need to take fights and look at the strategic overview before comitting half your fleet to an action that will yield you very little. I will be making in the future more videos around ship combat and doctrine as well as philosophy on taking engagements and the like, but I am glad the video helped you get your first experience, and PS trial and error is your best friend in aurora, you will get it at some point :)

To help fastrack you a bit and add to this - volume of fire is your friend when using gauss since most shots will miss. For point defence missiles - you only need a warhead strength of 1 to knock out a missile, speed and agility are king, range is secondary.

Later on you might find that enemy missile possess high levels of ECM so you will need ECCM on fire controls and missiles meant to go after other missiles