Author Topic: Tactical bonus  (Read 1221 times)

Offline Thrake (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • T
Tactical bonus
« on: May 01, 2020, 04:11:11 PM »
What does it do?

Offline Gabethebaldandbold

• last member of the noob swarm
  • Lt. Commander
Re: Tactical bonus
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 04:21:34 PM »
I think its hit chance, not sure how it works either.
To beam, or not to beam.   That is the question
the answer is you beam. and you better beam hard.

The following users thanked this post: Thrake

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 06:08:46 AM »
It is supposed to be chance to hit, maybe only when assigned to CIC (or 'Bridge or CIC'), and it may be bugged at the moment.  Since most of us aren't clear on how to see what it does, it isn't clear if its actually working.  And the latest post from Steve on the topic (months ago) is 'I'm planning to add this' so we don't even know if it definitely made it into the game.

The following users thanked this post: Thrake, skoormit

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 07:01:27 AM »
It is supposed to be chance to hit, maybe only when assigned to CIC (or 'Bridge or CIC'), and it may be bugged at the moment.  Since most of us aren't clear on how to see what it does, it isn't clear if its actually working.  And the latest post from Steve on the topic (months ago) is 'I'm planning to add this' so we don't even know if it definitely made it into the game.

Tactical is bonus to hit. You get half commander bonus + full tactical officer bonus.

Chance to hit is modified by (1 + Crew Grade Bonus) * (1 + (Commander Tactical Bonus / 2)) * (1 + Tactical Officer Tactical Bonus)

The following users thanked this post: Father Tim, Ametsala, Ulzgoroth, DrCiber, Thrake, Warer, skoormit, Migi, Snoman314, DavidFRS