Author Topic: Weapons-Fire contol linkage  (Read 1309 times)

Offline solops (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • s
Weapons-Fire contol linkage
« on: February 15, 2010, 07:04:29 AM »
In several places I have seen comments on "linking" fire control to weapons, but I  have not been able to find out how to do it. I have found information on how to correctly size fire control for a weapons system with regards to range and tracking speed, but that is not the same thing as "linking", at least not to me. Would someone please shed some light on this?

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
Re: Weapons-Fire contol linkage
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 08:29:58 AM »
Quote from: "solops"
In several places I have seen comments on "linking" fire control to weapons, but I  have not been able to find out how to do it. I have found information on how to correctly size fire control for a weapons system with regards to range and tracking speed, but that is not the same thing as "linking", at least not to me. Would someone please shed some light on this?

You can find it in the battle control window (F8)  You have to pick individual ships then pick a fire control, then assign the weapons you want that fire control to have, then set the point defense option that you want, and any eccm it will have as well.  If it is a missile launcher, then you also need to pick the missiles that are loaded.  Once you have that done for 1 ship of a class then you can do a copy to all ships in either the task force, all ships of the same class in the system, or your entire navy.  I tend to do this fairly early so that all of my weapons are assigned to point defense and that the point defense is enabled.  This helps if you are supprised by an enemy missile launch.

Brian

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Weapons-Fire contol linkage
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 03:37:33 PM »
Quote from: "Brian"
Quote from: "solops"

You can find it in the battle control window (F8)  You have to pick individual ships then pick a fire control, then assign the weapons you want that fire control to have, then set the point defense option that you want, and any eccm it will have as well.  If it is a missile launcher, then you also need to pick the missiles that are loaded.  Once you have that done for 1 ship of a class then you can do a copy to all ships in either the task force, all ships of the same class in the system, or your entire navy.  I tend to do this fairly early so that all of my weapons are assigned to point defense and that the point defense is enabled.  This helps if you are supprised by an enemy missile launch.

Brian
There is also an Auto FC button on the Ship window that will take a best guess at a fire control set up for that particular ship. It's faster but you have more control using the above method.

Steve