Author Topic: More beginner questions  (Read 1078 times)

Offline sbr (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • s
More beginner questions
« on: March 03, 2010, 06:53:32 PM »
I just dl'ed the game yesterday, and have been poking around at it the last couple of hours.  I am playing the 4.91 version ATM.

Two things I couldn't find elsewhere.

1.  I have a naval shipyard that won't retool to a new ship class.  I have retooled other yards, so I know how to do it, but this one just sits there at 0% for months now.  It is supposed to be finished in 41 days but every time I advance the time it stays at 0% and the finish date moves out by the same number of days I advanced.

2.  I had a research project disappear it was researched.  I designed the project and created it, sending it off to the research department.  I know I had someone research it, but it never appeared as an option to add to a ship, and it does not appear in the Completed techs list.  Now that I am writing this I remember that the project seemed to finish a few months too early, the scientist that was researching it showed up as unemployed unexpectedly.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: More beginner questions
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 09:32:46 PM »
Quote from: "sbr"
I just dl'ed the game yesterday, and have been poking around at it the last couple of hours.  I am playing the 4.91 version ATM.

1.  I have a naval shipyard that won't retool to a new ship class.  I have retooled other yards, so I know how to do it, but this one just sits there at 0% for months now.  It is supposed to be finished in 41 days but every time I advance the time it stays at 0% and the finish date moves out by the same number of days I advanced.

Are you having any mineral shortages? Check the event log (Ctrl-F3) and look.

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 03:14:11 AM »

2.  I had a research project disappear it was researched.  I designed the project and created it, sending it off to the research department.  I know I had someone research it, but it never appeared as an option to add to a ship, and it does not appear in the Completed techs list.  Now that I am writing this I remember that the project seemed to finish a few months too early, the scientist that was researching it showed up as unemployed unexpectedly.

2. Are you sure its actually finished? Check the research window for the appropiate tech type to see if its avaliable to assign to a research team - if it is then its not finished.  Also make sure that you check all the populations you might have started the reseach on - I once started a research project on a minor colony, and later moved all of the reseach labs on the colony to another location - net result was a project that never finished  - I had to restart the reseach on the new location and lost all the reseach points :-(
Slàinte,

Mike

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 03:14:15 AM »

2. Are you sure its actually finished? Check the research window for the appropiate tech type to see if its avaliable to assign to a research team - if it is then its not finished.  Also make sure that you check all the populations you might have started the reseach on - I once started a research project on a minor colony, and later moved all of the reseach labs on the colony to another location - net result was a project that never finished  - I had to restart the reseach on the new location and lost all the reseach points :-(
Slàinte,

Mike