Author Topic: Semi-Official 6.x Suggestion Thread  (Read 109129 times)

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
Re: Semi-Official 6.x Suggestion Thread
« Reply #600 on: July 28, 2015, 07:00:48 PM »
Oh, right, there is none I never had to use it and just assumed there was one just like with every other object. Well, in that case, there should be an option of course.
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline swarm_sadist

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #601 on: August 05, 2015, 06:55:03 PM »
1 - In the Intelligence:Strategic tab, there should be a list of known colonies, known PDCs (since they don't usually move) and known civilian mines.

2 - You should also be able to see a nation's colonies on the map, even if you don't have direct line of sight on the colony at the time. If you have seen a colony there once, it's doubtful it just got up and left when your sensor ship left range.

3 - PDCs should be separated in the tactical tab from other ships.

4 - There should be a way to declare what ship type you think an NPR ship is. You should also be able to organize the list based on that, or at least filter based on certain facts (such as size).

5 - The ability to obsolete NPR classes you no longer see.

Offline mtm84

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #602 on: August 16, 2015, 02:34:13 PM »
No idea if this has been suggested yet or not, but an option to randomize the names taken from the ship name list would be nice.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #603 on: August 16, 2015, 04:53:50 PM »
1 - In the Intelligence:Strategic tab, there should be a list of known colonies, known PDCs (since they don't usually move) and known civilian mines.

2 - You should also be able to see a nation's colonies on the map, even if you don't have direct line of sight on the colony at the time. If you have seen a colony there once, it's doubtful it just got up and left when your sensor ship left range.

3 - PDCs should be separated in the tactical tab from other ships.

4 - There should be a way to declare what ship type you think an NPR ship is. You should also be able to organize the list based on that, or at least filter based on certain facts (such as size).

5 - The ability to obsolete NPR classes you no longer see.

Good ideas, although don't forget you can currently flag a system as having enemy colonies by setting the Controlling Race flag on the system map

Offline swarm_sadist

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #604 on: August 16, 2015, 06:14:14 PM »
Good ideas, although don't forget you can currently flag a system as having enemy colonies by setting the Controlling Race flag on the system map
True, but that doesn't help with remembering which planets have colonies on them. I have bombed empty planets from long range for the simple reason of not remembering which planet was which.

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #605 on: August 17, 2015, 12:46:29 PM »
No idea if this has been suggested yet or not, but an option to randomize the names taken from the ship name list would be nice.
Please, this.

Also an option to be able to go back through the list for class names.  Right now you can accidentally waste cool class names on civilian ships, because the class name list can only be traversed once.  So if you're playing as Germany, and you're designing a freighter, if Bismarck or Scharnhorst are up next in the list, you can't use them later on a warship, even if you did not actually use it on the freighter.

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #606 on: August 20, 2015, 03:09:22 AM »
Steve,

Is there any chance of the Aurora programming system allowing for survivors from a Lifepod being returned to their Home System if they belong to a friendly or allied NPR. At present any survivors rescued by the Human player are all subjected to interrogation and then classed as POW's.New technology could still be obtained but given in thanks by the friendly NPR rather than through interrogation. Those NPR's classed as enemies could still be interrogated and imprisoned as POW's.

DavidR

Offline Darkminion

• Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #607 on: August 21, 2015, 01:29:20 PM »
I have some suggestions based off of some things that happened in my current game.

1.  I would recommend that neutral NPRs completely avoid capitol systems or have a check before firing on mixed hostile/neutral contacts.  I had an incident in which an NPR fleet showing off in Sol detected and nuked a recently unearthed precursor robot defender battalions on Venus destroying assets and setting them to hostile.  This kicked off a decades long war which is still being fought.

2.  Would it be possible to have NPRs take into consideration system security or some other enemy force size value before sending ships through a JP? Aforementioned alien race has been kind enough to trickle ships into my JP pickets.  Its usually four or less ships at a time.  There was one instance in which they sent a large fleet of 60 ships.  This has not only skewed tech advancement (It allowed me to go from ion engines to Inertial Confinement Fusion with a very short time span, 4-6 years) and has given me critical resources salvaged from the wrecks as well.  While I welcome the tech and minerals it feels like the game is throwing a curve onto the difficulty.  While it is helping out it feels kinda odd that resources would be simply wasted this way.

3.  NPR AMM point defense ships will attempt to launch AMMs even if their magazines are empty/destroyed.  This results in nothing but 5 second increments until the detected missiles reach their target or are destroyed.  While one can set auto turns and wait while time is stepped I thought I would mention it due to discussions about game slowdown.

4.  Would it be possible to add an option to ban JPs or systems like we have for system bodies? It would be nice to be able to have a little more control over civilian shipping and prevent a majority of them from going into an active combat zone just to drop of colonists/non-TN goods that will die/be destroyed with their ships anyway.  This is even more of a concern with plans to remove the range limitation in the upcoming 6. 50 version of Aurora. 

Thank you

Offline Erik L (OP)

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #608 on: August 21, 2015, 02:22:06 PM »
4.  Would it be possible to add an option to ban JPs or systems like we have for system bodies? It would be nice to be able to have a little more control over civilian shipping and prevent a majority of them from going into an active combat zone just to drop of colonists/non-TN goods that will die/be destroyed with their ships anyway.  This is even more of a concern with plans to remove the range limitation in the upcoming 6. 50 version of Aurora. 

Thank you

There is a rating for the systems which includes hostile aliens/combat in them. The higher the number, the less likely the civ is going to go into that system.

Offline Darkminion

• Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #609 on: August 21, 2015, 03:26:11 PM »
Quote from: Erik Luken link=topic=5896. msg80284#msg80284 date=1440184926
There is a rating for the systems which includes hostile aliens/combat in them.  The higher the number, the less likely the civ is going to go into that system.

I guess I have been dealing with some bull headed civilians then! Still being able to say "thar be monsters" would be helpful.

Offline Erik L (OP)

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #610 on: August 21, 2015, 04:00:44 PM »

I guess I have been dealing with some bull headed civilians then! Still being able to say "thar be monsters" would be helpful.

You should also be able to mark it as verboten already. Check the F9 screen.

Offline Ostia

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • O
« Reply #611 on: August 23, 2015, 08:47:15 AM »
Request:

Can the Build and Load Time Box moved to the right side of the Class Design Screen? They disappear when using Reduced Height Windows., which makes Freighter/Troop  Design a bit hard.
The same goes for the Show Civilian Designs Box.

Offline canshow

• Petty Officer
  • c
« Reply #612 on: August 23, 2015, 09:25:46 PM »
Does an option to turn off/auto-exit all error messages sound feasible?

Offline letsdance

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • l
« Reply #613 on: August 29, 2015, 12:13:14 PM »
This results in nothing but 5 second increments until the detected missiles reach their target or are destroyed.
some sort of "auto continue to next player event or chosen increment" would also help with issues like these.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #614 on: August 30, 2015, 10:51:12 PM »
Considering the vast mineral logistical problem steve may run into during the mammoth colonisation campaign I'm wondering if a mineral trading system might be a good idea. Sure yo can easily space master minerals around, but how about something like the civilian contracts system, you set up a trade at a certain location to sell a specified quantity of minerals for a certain price. Then if there's an existing contract somewhere in any empire to buy that mineral fir that price or higher then civilian freighters will pick up a load of minerals, deliver it to the specified colony and payment is automatically transferred.   
This would allow empires to sell off resources they have in abundance and buy in those they don't have easy access to. Of course there significant work needed to make NPR AIs use the system properly, but for now I'm sure it could easily be tied into the normal civilian freight network without too much hassle ( maybe forget the complicated pricing system and just use a placeholder, sell one mineral for one dollar, buy 1 for 2).
Eventually this could tie into civilian mining and shipping operations, mining operations actually selling their resources onto the market, shipping companies needing to buy from the market fir shipbuilding( if all minerals aren't available on the market they could pay a premium for missing minerals to be 'found' ie just be generated). Large civilian populations should generate demand for TNEs also which should be traded accordingly.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "