Author Topic: Just in time!  (Read 5043 times)

Offline Theodidactus (OP)

• Registered
  • Commodore
Just in time!
« on: March 09, 2013, 03:55:41 PM »
The Surveillance Cruiser Altair was cruising through the territory of the ostensibly neutral Sculptor Star Empire when they decided to atttack, claiming, I suppose, that the
vessel had deviated from its approved trajectory and must be stopped for inspections. I wasn't having that, obviously, and ordered the Altair to make for the nearest jump point...taking
the vessel further into Sculptor space, but outside their most populated and protected system.

The Altair is state of the art, and very fast...its pursuers had no chance, so I figured I was safe...not so. As I neared the jump point, I was accosted by a strike group of
Litch class interceptors...and escaped JUST in time to avoid them. The question now is whether they will pursue me, and whether I can remove the Altair from hostile space without
starting a war.

My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Just in time!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 04:33:35 PM »
You have the wrong impression. The war has already started.

Offline Cocyte

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • C
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 12:15:21 PM »
The naming theme for the Sculptor empire's ships is a bit... worrying :)

Offline Theodidactus (OP)

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 11:07:34 PM »
You have the wrong impression. The war has already started.

Oh, this I understand. But RP-wise, I'm trying not to cause an incident...full scale war with the sculptor would be problematic. They are powerful and pretty close to my home systems.
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound