Author Topic: A Question of precursor ruins  (Read 1514 times)

Offline AtomikKrab (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • A
A Question of precursor ruins
« on: January 12, 2010, 01:49:52 PM »
So I have progressed and found a precursor outpost, after my xenology team got done, it put up some info on it was this race, but in the summary screen for the planet it said 24 installations, the race name and TL 1

so my question is what is TL1? I think it's tech level?

So if it's tech level, does higher tech level result in better stuff from the ruins? (technology wise, like beam cannons and things)

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: A Question of precursor ruins
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 01:53:35 PM »
Quote from: "AtomikKrab"
So I have progressed and found a precursor outpost, after my xenology team got done, it put up some info on it was this race, but in the summary screen for the planet it said 24 installations, the race name and TL 1

so my question is what is TL1? I think it's tech level?

So if it's tech level, does higher tech level result in better stuff from the ruins? (technology wise, like beam cannons and things)
Yes, tech level. Ruins are from TL1 to TL5. You will generally get better technology, such as research information, ship components or missiles, from higher TL ruins but installations such as industrial capacity or mines are the same for every TL. You will need one or more engineer regiments to recover the installations.

Steve

Offline Magnnus

• Petty Officer
  • M
Re: A Question of precursor ruins
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 05:04:36 PM »
Maybe higher tech levels should yield more installations per find to simulate more effective installation technology.