Author Topic: End of Tutorial #4, I'm stuck.  (Read 1137 times)

Offline Litcube (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • L
End of Tutorial #4, I'm stuck.
« on: January 23, 2010, 01:05:03 PM »
From the bottom of Tutorial #4:

While we could continue to play about with the design, it is adequate to show you the basics of a simple survey class. Now we will quickly create a gravitational survey design using the above design as a foundation. Press the Copy Design button. You now have a second design that is exactly the same as the first one, except the name has a " - Copy" suffix. Use Rename or Auto Rename to give this class a new name and change the hull to Gravitational Survey Vessel. You should have Gravitational Survey Sensors in the list of available components so double-click on the Geological Survey Sensors in the Components list to remove them one at a time and replace them with a pair of Gravitational Survey Sensors. You now have two survey designs, one for each survey role.

How do you actually build them? I'll cover that in the next section, as well as some other useful designs

Steve

I have no Gravitational Survey Sensors in my list of available components on the class design screen.  Did I do something wrong?  How do I get them available so that I can continue this tutorial?

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
Re: End of Tutorial #4, I'm stuck.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 01:12:53 PM »
Quote from: "Litcube"

While we could continue to play about with the design, it is adequate to show you the basics of a simple survey class. Now we will quickly create a gravitational survey design using the above design as a foundation. Press the Copy Design button. You now have a second design that is exactly the same as the first one, except the name has a " - Copy" suffix. Use Rename or Auto Rename to give this class a new name and change the hull to Gravitational Survey Vessel. You should have Gravitational Survey Sensors in the list of available components so double-click on the Geological Survey Sensors in the Components list to remove them one at a time and replace them with a pair of Gravitational Survey Sensors. You now have two survey designs, one for each survey role.

How do you actually build them? I'll cover that in the next section, as well as some other useful designs

Steve

I have no Gravitational Survey Sensors in my list of available components on the class design screen.  Did I do something wrong?  How do I get them available so that I can continue this tutorial?

There are a couple of things you need to research to be able to build them.  The first is Jump Theory, a power & propulsion tech.  The second is the actual sensors which is a sensor tech.  Once the tech is researched you should be able to put them on ships.

Brian

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 01:23:06 PM »
Quote from: "Litcube"

If you look a couple of paragraphs before the one you quoted you will see the following paragraph:

"You can give the sensor a different name if you like, then press Create. Go to the Research tab of the Economics window and select Sensors and Fire Control. Find the new sensor and use Instant. While we are here, lets give ourselves a couple of other useful technologies. Change to the Power and Propulsion tab and use Instant on the Jump Point Theory tech. This opens up a few new technologies. Go back to Sensors and Fire Control and use Instant on the newly appeared Gravitational Survey Sensors."

Steve

Offline Litcube (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • L
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 02:51:30 PM »
Ah!  I missed that!

Hello, Steve!  Promising piece of software you've written here.