Author Topic: (v0.5.16) Iceranger's Missile and Ship Optimizer  (Read 40129 times)

Offline Graymane

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • G
Re: (v0.3.3) Iceranger's Missile and Ship Optimizer
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2020, 03:42:43 PM »
Why do you tie the Ship Planner to the Optimizer?  I couldn't open the tab (greyed out) until I stuck something in the Optimizer.  I still  think it would be nice if you had an option that would fill out the research techs from the DB you select.  Of course, I'm still playing around with it, so I don't really understand everything about the designer.

One request, is there a way to filter out civilian designed components?  I guess I have another request  :D, would it be possible to show percentages with a toggle or something?  Even if only for individual components?  I like to design my ships with a goal in mind, like for example:  Fleet Speed 6000, 40% engines/fuel, 20% weapons, 40% other components.

At any rate, thanks for a great tool!

Offline Iceranger (OP)

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
Re: (v0.3.4) Iceranger's Missile and Ship Optimizer
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2020, 10:18:57 PM »
v0.3.4 is out. Change logs below.

* added a checkbox to filter out the civilian shipping company components when importing components from DB
   * by default civilian shipping company components are not imported
* added a button in ship planner, to toggle the total columns display in percentage on/off
   * in build up (Aurora) mode, total size is the current exact size
   * in fill up mode, total size is the planned ship size. in this mode, percentage can go above 100 when the ship is 'over filled'
* improved the tool tips shown in the ship planner component list and the component table
* improved the message box shown when importing DB without any player designed components
* fixed an issue when reading DB with multiple games/races with the same name
* when creating dummy sensor components, sensors less than 1HS are correctly labeled to be commercial components
* component import no longer reads missile engines (they are not displayed anyway)

Offline Graymane

• G
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2020, 07:45:08 AM »
What does Desired Hit % refer to in the missile optimizer?  In the game, you get a range of different hit chances depending on the target speed.

Offline Iceranger (OP)

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2020, 08:17:52 AM »
What does Desired Hit % refer to in the missile optimizer?  In the game, you get a range of different hit chances depending on the target speed.
It is used together with the target speed input. It is the desired hit chance against that speed. Hit chance is inversely proportional to the target speed. For example, 100% hit against 20kkm/s means 200% hit against 10kkm/s, or 50% against 40kkm/s.

Offline Graymane

• G
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2020, 04:45:48 PM »
Can you add some more speed bands in the optimized missile design?  It currently shows 1k km/s, 3k, 5k, and 10k.  It would be nice to see some higher speeds (20k, 30k?) when designing AMMs.  I'm trying to figure out if a 20k missile is that much worse than a 30k missile if targeted by AMMs.

Offline Iceranger (OP)

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
Re: (v0.3.5) Iceranger's Missile and Ship Optimizer
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2020, 04:16:00 PM »
v0.3.5 is out, minor bug fixes.

* more speed bands added in missile description
* fixed a bug where missiles with 2nd stages (reserved space) have their missile size displayed incorrectly
* missile auto naming now will not round missile sizes to integers

Offline Iceranger (OP)

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
Re: (v0.3.6) Iceranger's Missile and Ship Optimizer
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2020, 10:06:02 PM »
New version is out. Some bugs are only to be found when you try to break it :P

v0.3.6

* improved the interface for the alternative missile result list and the missile archive list
   * now they are shown in tables
   * added right click menu to copy the design string
   * added right click menu to copy the missile name
* improved the tool tips for the above tables
* improved missile description string to contain second stage size
* improved missile auto naming to include ECM and ECCM if installed
* slightly adjust the formula in maneuver rating calculation
* speed related inputs in missile optimizer are limited to 299,000 kkm/s (in game missile speed limit). speed over this value will use this upper limit (and no warning on the UI)
* speed related inputs in ship optimizer are limited to 100,000 kkm/s (in game ship speed limit). similarly, speed over this value will use this upper limit (and no warning on the UI)
* ship tonnage is now no longer an int. this allows the ship optimizer to handle ships above 2,147,483,647 tons. but this does not necessarily mean you should design such ships :)
* related fix for ship planner to handle such large ships
* fixed a bug where ship and missile archives do not load long integer fields back correctly
* fixed a bug when canceling the 'save ship to archive' operation due to name conflict, the focus is not correctly returned to the ship name text box

Offline Graymane

• G
Re: (v0.3.6) Iceranger's Missile and Ship Optimizer
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2020, 05:02:28 PM »
Can you make almost every window resizeable pretty please?  :)  I can't read hardly any of the twisties on the Ship Planner with long names.

Offline Iceranger (OP)

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
Re: (v0.3.7) Iceranger's Missile and Ship Optimizer
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2020, 09:51:18 PM »
New minor update, a few bug fixes and window size adjustment.

v0.3.7

* based on the latest tests, the max speed for both ships and missiles is now 270,000 km/s. This has been adjusted in the code.
* improved the interface for alternative ship result list and ship archive list.
* improved tool tips for the ship planner table. now it shows the component's count, total cost, size, and crew.
* slightly increase the width of the app
* make ship planner table's column width adjustable

Offline Graymane

• G
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2020, 08:59:52 PM »
Thanks for making all these updates.  I really use this tool a lot :P

Would it possible to add a button to the optimizer to reset everything?  When I am working on a ship, if I import components from my DB, add them to the design, then go to work on a new ship, I don't see a way to reset everything without manually removing every element?

Offline Iceranger (OP)

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2020, 10:10:04 PM »
Thanks for making all these updates.  I really use this tool a lot :P

Would it possible to add a button to the optimizer to reset everything?  When I am working on a ship, if I import components from my DB, add them to the design, then go to work on a new ship, I don't see a way to reset everything without manually removing every element?

The "Reload" button on the lower left :)

Offline Iceranger (OP)

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
Re: (v0.4.0) Iceranger's Missile and Ship Optimizer
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2020, 08:07:50 PM »
v0.4.0 is ready. for those who like a bit cheese with the NPRs, here's the decoy missile planning for you :P

* new feature for missile optimizer: match speed and range mode.
   * in this mode, the optimizer will try to match given speed first, then range, then accuracy.
   * the alternative result is sorted based on speed difference, then min engine + fuel size.
* new feature for missile optimizer: plan decoy missile for the current displayed missile.
* more alternative results can be shown for the missile optimizer.
* the default values in the warhead field now correctly displayed as integers, so the input verifier won't grab the focus unnecessarily.
* make the missile archive table and ship archive table column sortable
   * click on the column headers to sort
* the reload button on the ship planner page has been renamed to clear & reload, to better reflect its function.
* fixed a bug where the description of the missile optimization mode may not be displayed correctly on launch.
* fixed a bug where multiple command and control components can be added to a ship.

Offline Iceranger (OP)

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
Re: (v0.4.1) Iceranger's Missile and Ship Optimizer
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2020, 07:04:52 PM »
v0.4.1 fixes a pretty significant bug for the decoy missile planner

* fixed a bug in the decoy planner where the range in km was passed as range in mkm, resulting in the decoy having an unnecessarily large range.

Offline NihilRex

• Lieutenant
  • N
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2020, 09:18:01 PM »
Is there any chance of a save file instead of a string?  Or does the string hold all the missiles designed and saved?

Offline Iceranger (OP)

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2020, 12:17:33 AM »
Is there any chance of a save file instead of a string?  Or does the string hold all the missiles designed and saved?

Missile designs and ship designs in their respective archives are stored in files automatically when exiting, and read back when launching the app. The export missile button is just for the missile result currently displayed, so it can be pasted into another instance of the app or shared with others using the app.

The following users thanked this post: NihilRex