Other Games > Other Games

So Distant Worlds 2 ae...

(1/7) > >>

Froggiest1982:
I have seen few members on the Matrix forum and post dedicated to DW2, so I thought we may start a conversation here too.

For those wondering or not yet knowing about the game info are here: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4737033

vorpal+5:
It shapes up very very nicely!

Droll:
My only worry is that the emphasis on 3d models that change with components is going to overall restrict the designer more than that of the 1st game.
However even assuming that is true its not that far behind. I'm hopeful so far for distant worlds 2.

TheTalkingMeowth:

--- Quote from: Droll on December 19, 2020, 06:21:16 AM ---My only worry is that the emphasis on 3d models that change with components is going to overall restrict the designer more than that of the 1st game.
However even assuming that is true its not that far behind. I'm hopeful so far for distant worlds 2.

--- End quote ---
The dev mentioned in the linked thread that the slot limits are very generous; you generally won't have the hull space available to fill out all available engine or weapon slots, so it shouldn't be terribly restrictive.

Supposedly a big announcement coming in January....

Droll:

--- Quote from: TheTalkingMeowth on December 19, 2020, 09:43:20 AM ---
--- Quote from: Droll on December 19, 2020, 06:21:16 AM ---My only worry is that the emphasis on 3d models that change with components is going to overall restrict the designer more than that of the 1st game.

--- End quote ---
The dev mentioned in the linked thread that the slot limits are very generous; you generally won't have the hull space available to fill out all available engine or weapon slots, so it shouldn't be terribly restrictive.

Supposedly a big announcement coming in January....

--- End quote ---

I kinda feel bad for the 3d modelers then lol. It must be a pain having to model every possible configuration for weapons / engines. At least most components are internal so they wont have to be modelled.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version