Author Topic: Official v6.20 Bugs Thread  (Read 64796 times)

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
Re: Official v6.20 Bugs Thread
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2012, 11:31:21 AM »
Advanced Caronades above 20cm don't seem to be linked to the advanced Carronade tech, after researching 20cm, 25cm doesn't appear.

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2012, 12:18:37 PM »
Advanced Caronades above 20cm don't seem to be linked to the advanced Carronade tech, after researching 20cm, 25cm doesn't appear.

I just looked at the database,  the RuinOnly flag is turned on for the 25cm Advanced Carronade.  It's an easy fix if you have the database password.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline draanyk

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2012, 01:56:53 PM »
Bug with recreation modules. I created a jump gate defence base (military) with recreational facilities and a 3-month deployment time, and deployed it alone on a jump point. A few months later, I received a message that it's morale was dropping due to lack of shore leave. I designed a bare-bones civilian "ship" that only contains recreational facilities and used Fast OB to add it to the task group with my JG defence base. After running an increment, the defence base is now reporting that it has had shore leave.

I used SM mode to unlock my defence base design to remove the recreational facilities, since it clearly isn't working in my military base, and updated my deployed base by viewing it in the Ships screen. Some time later, I happened to look at the JG defence task group and noticed morale was at 23%! I had received no notifications. I also had a separate task group stationed at the same location whose Crew Months counter was increasing. Again through SM mode, I updated the defence base to include the recreational facilities, updated in Ships screen, incremented, and now both the defence base and my fleet are happy.

It seems that, in order to gain the benefit of the recreational facilities, at least two ships in one TG need to have one of these monstrous facilities installed. I haven't tested further than this.

EDIT: I ran into additional problems with my third JG defence base deployed, assumed it had something to do with using Fast OB to add my recreation facility "ship" to the task group. I used a tug to haul the rec facility a few hours away from the JG task group, then hauled it back and added it to the JG task group. Everyone is happy. For my fourth base, i also built the rec facility "ship", and hauled both out to a jump point. Unfortunately, I can't find the secret ceremony to make it work for this group. I've hauled the rec facility ship a few hours away and hauled it back, I've sent a fleet task group away and back to the jump point, I've hauled the rec facility all the way back to a planet and kept it there for a month before hauling it back and adding it to the JG task group, and I've tried keeping the rec facility ship in my tug task group at the same location as my JG task group and fleet task group. Nothing seems to make the crew happy and morale continues to drop.

EDIT 2: Meanwhile, the fifth defence base deployed happily provides it's rec facilitiy benefit to itself without any other facilities or ships present, including the rec facility "ship" I had to make the first time I deployed a JG defence base on its own. I'm having trouble finding a repeatable series of steps that will help in isolating this error.

EDIT 3: Tug group grabbed the fourth defence base and it's rec facility companion "ship" and started hauling them back to Earth. 30 days into the trip, still at least 250 Mkm from Earth and with either 7 or 11 months on the crew months counter, the defence base crew have somehow now had their shore leave, and their crew counter is at 0, while the companion ship, whose clock was somewhat higher than the defence base's clock, has had it's clock reduced to 2.07 months. Hopefully this seemingly-random series of events makes sense to you and points you to the offending piece of code.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 03:20:15 PM by draanyk »

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2012, 03:24:02 PM »
I just looked at the database,  the RuinOnly flag is turned on for the 25cm Advanced Carronade.  It's an easy fix if you have the database password.

Fixed for next version

Steve

Offline AcidWeb

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2012, 04:04:23 PM »
Abandoning colonies don't correctly unlink planetary governors.
In Officer Corps they are marked as assigned and Assignment field show "Governor of ".

It is small bug - they can be reassigned without any error.

Offline praguepride

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • p
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2012, 05:14:04 PM »
I too encountered the hundreds of errors regarding crew morale.

Started up a conventional start with PDCs. As soon as I hit the 30-day advance it popped up with the crew morale error mentioned earlier.

In addition, the game seems to be overriding my decisions on start up. I select Conventional start and it gives me some random 1-10 number of research stations. I up this to 50 but when I start, I'm back down to 1-10.

I tried it again without PDCs and there wasn't any issue. ICBM bases seem to be bugged.

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2012, 05:43:32 PM »
I too encountered the hundreds of errors regarding crew morale.

Started up a conventional start with PDCs. As soon as I hit the 30-day advance it popped up with the crew morale error mentioned earlier.

In addition, the game seems to be overriding my decisions on start up. I select Conventional start and it gives me some random 1-10 number of research stations. I up this to 50 but when I start, I'm back down to 1-10.

I tried it again without PDCs and there wasn't any issue. ICBM bases seem to be bugged.
They are.  Delete them and SM them back in, as it's apparently only the ones spawned by the game start that have issues.
This is Excel-in-Space, not Wing Commander - Rastaman

Offline AcidWeb

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2012, 10:38:01 AM »
---------------------------
Error in RecoverSurvivors
Error 3421 was generated by DAO.  Field
Error converting data type. 

Seen it multiple times during wars between two NPR.   Can't tell that extractly trigger it. 

EDIT:
And another one during NPR turn.
Error in GetMaxPotentialSensorRange
Error 6 was generated by Aurora
Overflow

« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 12:18:51 PM by AcidWeb »

Offline DoktorV

• Leading Rate
  • D
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2012, 01:00:30 AM »
The Expand Civilian Economy technology seems to have gone missing for me.  It's not on the available research list, and it's not in the research queue.  The game I'm in used automatic starting tech.  The 10,000RP instance of the tech is in the list of completed research.

Offline Sloshmonger

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • S
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2012, 12:07:56 PM »
The Expand Civilian Economy technology seems to have gone missing for me.  It's not on the available research list, and it's not in the research queue.  The game I'm in used automatic starting tech.  The 10,000RP instance of the tech is in the list of completed research.

This bug is old - I've reported it multiple times on multiple verisons.

To fix: Go into SM Mode, Show completed Research.  Select Expand Civilian Economy, and select Remove.  Then, SM it back to yourself and the 20k version is there now for research.

Offline Malicus

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • M
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2012, 02:10:00 PM »
I started a spacemaster empire and generated a starting system that happens to have some conveniently-placed LPs, so I've noticed a few bugs involving them.  I don't know how long the first bug has been around, but the second should be at least as recent as 6. 00.  For reference, my starting system has two stars.  The secondary star orbits the primary a bit further out than the Uranus orbit comparison.  I'm using an LP around the primary star between an Earth orbit and Venus orbit, and an LP around the secondary star that is closer to the star than a Mercury orbit.

1) When using the repeat button in the task group window to duplicate orders, LP transit orders don't seem to be getting duplicated properly.  The original orders execute fine, but when the ship executes the duplicated order to go from the primary star's LP to the secondary star's LP, the ship emerges at the secondary star's LP's position relative to its star, but around the primary star instead.  The transit from the secondary star's LP to the primary star's LP does not seem to have this problem.  Cycled orders don't seem to have this problem at all.

2) Civilian freighters with the "Move to X Trade Location" task seem to be ignoring LPs and flying straight to their destination.  I haven't seen them doing this with other tasks, nor have I seen colony ships or liners doing this at all.  I haven't seen a civilian fuel harvester in this game, so I don't know if they have a similar problem.

Offline Person012345

• Captain
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2012, 03:17:23 PM »
There appears to be a problem with the display of star types - from the system view, some stars are labelled as "VII" stars (which I gather are white dwarfs/stellar remnants), but the same stars on the system map are labelled "VIII", which I'm not aware is an actual classification.

Example:

Offline Traveler

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • T
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2012, 06:24:05 PM »
Minor bug:

Research Cost in RP

Combat Drop Module-Battalion 3000

Combat Drop Module-Company 6000

Shouldn't that be reversed because a battalion is larger than a company?

Offline Conscript Gary

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2012, 06:42:08 PM »
It's probably going by the logic of 'miniaturization is more complicated' logic that a lot of other things use

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2012, 06:00:58 PM »
Error 5: Error in CenterOnSystemID.

The game is centering on Gliese 1, ID:195, no idea what the issue is otherwise. It may have had something to do with the galaxy map, clicking on sol(focus was on gliese 1) seems to have resolved the issue. but the focus is back on gliese 1 now(and working).
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 06:02:57 PM by Nathan_ »