Author Topic: Official v6.10 Bugs Thread  (Read 53036 times)

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
Re: Official v6.10 Bugs Thread
« Reply #135 on: November 04, 2012, 12:00:54 AM »
when enemy ships are out of ammo they can still trigger interrupts and slow the game to a craw. I've got a situation where an enemy amm craft used up everything it had on my ships, and when it spots missiles headed towards it increments drop to 5 seconds, recovering again when the missile hits the craft.

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
« Reply #136 on: November 04, 2012, 01:30:22 PM »
Putting maintainence storage bays on PDCs does not result in actual maintainence supplies being added to the PDC.  (I'm trying to create a repair dock, and it would be nice if it could carry some of the supplies itself.)
This is Excel-in-Space, not Wing Commander - Rastaman

Online Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #137 on: November 04, 2012, 03:33:53 PM »
Fighter Overhaul dont work: Maintenance Time RAISE UP (timing) when in Overhaul condition...

r an bug?..never show before 6.1..

Ive an Scout (Fighter-Class) in Overhaul..and from 5.0 years pass to 7.4 when am check "Damned my workers what r doing???"

Fighters can't be overhauled or maintained by maintenance facilities. Just put them in a hangar and they will be overhauled.

Steve

The following users thanked this post: Kyle

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #138 on: November 04, 2012, 03:35:39 PM »
I ordered a collier ship to visit a nearby system, dump ammo, return, and rejoin TG "1st Fleet" at Sol.  The ship's name was "Tender 01" and the hull abbreviation was TN.  The ship was alone in a TG called "TN Tender 01".

While the collier was off doing his thing, I ordered TG "1st Fleet" to join TG "Earth Shipyard".  These two TGs were at the same location, and this order was completed before the collier returned.

When I queued the 5-day pulse on which the collier was to reach Earth, I got a couple error dialogs that I just clicked through, hoping that the game would keep going.  In the Event Updates page, I got an "Orders Completed" message stating "TN Tender 01 has completed orders".

I think TN Tender 01 vanished.  It's not listed as a member of TG "Earth Shipyard" and it's not listed on the Individual Unit Details pane, nor is it listed on the "Ships In Class" tab for its class on the Ship Design pane.

Can you remember the text of the error messages and the titles of the popup boxes?

Steve

Offline Jumpp

• Lieutenant
  • J
« Reply #139 on: November 04, 2012, 04:07:36 PM »
I don't remember, so I just attempted to reproduce it:

Error in ExecuteOrders

Error 5 was generated by Aurora
Invalid procedure call or argument
Please report to http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/board,11.0.html

When I clear that dialog, I get another one that's identical, and then another.  After about 100 of these I give up and terminate the process.

That's new, incidentally.  First time I saw this, I was able to plow through the dialogs and keep playing.

A few possibly relevant repro notes:

- The collier ship was carrying some missiles.
- After detaching it from 1st fleet, I gave it instructions to travel one jump away, unload ordnance at a colony there, and then return and rejoin 1st fleet.
- I enabled the Task Groups option in the System Locations Display Options so that I could target 1st fleet and give the join order
- While the collier was off doing his thing, 1st fleet merged with Earth Shipyard by using the "Join"  action on the Task Group Orders tab, not by using the "Combine with other Task Group" option on the Special Orders / Organization tab.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 04:11:52 PM by Jumpp »

Offline Jumpp

• Lieutenant
  • J
« Reply #140 on: November 04, 2012, 04:13:13 PM »
While I can't imagine it'd make any difference, here's the collier ship:

Code: [Select]
Polonius class Tender    10,000 tons     102 Crew     1150.92 BP      TCS 200  TH 512  EM 0
2560 km/s     Armour 3-41     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 1     PPV 0
Maint Life 3.82 Years     MSP 1108    AFR 533%    IFR 7.4%    1YR 119    5YR 1791    Max Repair 102.4 MSP
Intended Deployment Time: 36 months    Spare Berths 0   
Magazine 1562   

256 EP Magneto-plasma Drive (2)    Power 256    Fuel Use 27.48%    Signature 256    Exp 8%
Fuel Capacity 750,000 Litres    Range 49.1 billion km   (222 days at full power)

Antimissile Mk3 (202)  Speed: 19,200 km/s   End: 2.2m    Range: 2.5m km   WH: 1    Size: 1    TH: 128 / 76 / 38
Wasp Mk3 (90)  Speed: 19,200 km/s   End: 32.4m    Range: 37.4m km   WH: 4    Size: 4    TH: 121 / 73 / 36
ASM-4-4 Wasp Mk5 (250)  Speed: 19,200 km/s   End: 81.1m    Range: 93.5m km   WH: 4    Size: 4    TH: 115 / 69 / 34

Missile to hit chances are vs targets moving at 3000 km/s, 5000 km/s and 10,000 km/s

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes

It's got the "supply ship" and "collier" checkboxes checked.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #141 on: November 04, 2012, 05:31:49 PM »
Time came to scrap ICBM bases on Earth. Couldn't find abandon ship button anywhere so used the destroy ship button on the F6 screen and got
"Error in AddWreckTech
Error 3265 was generated by DAO.Fields
Item not found in this collection
Please report etc"

Curiously not all destroyed ICBM complexes generated the error message and the number of error messages per scrapped installation varied between one and three, in the sequence on the attached file. These installations were both "captured from the enemy" and home grown. 
Finally there were no life pods associated with the wrecks, which makes sense, but I thought previously there were survivors with the wrecks of PDCs. Incidentally a destroyed ship in Earth orbit also did not give rise to life pods.

There shouldn't be wrecks for PDCs so I've fixed that. I suspect the errors are related to the ICBM bases specifically, rather than a general problem with wrecks.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #142 on: November 04, 2012, 05:33:47 PM »
If you cancel renaming a tech item from the Ctrl-F7 screen, it throws an error about a zero-length string.

Also, in addition to EM scanners not being able to be renamed, gauss cannon cannot either.
Add Meson cannons, plasma carronades, railguns, shields, and Particle beams to the list of not-renameable.

All the above fixed for v6.20

Steve

Offline Falcon

• Chief Petty Officer
  • F
« Reply #143 on: November 04, 2012, 06:17:15 PM »
Is it normal that spoiler ships have no shields or spoiler weapons? They also cause an 'overflow' errors nearly every turn. 

Offline Napoleon XIX

• Petty Officer
  • N
« Reply #144 on: November 05, 2012, 05:47:20 PM »
When I advance a turn or open the system view screen, I get the following error:

Error 35602 was generated by nodes

Key is not unique in collection

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #145 on: November 05, 2012, 06:52:57 PM »
Landing a carrier on a PDC hangar will delete any fighters landed on the carrier. releasing the fighters allows them all to land in the new hangar without this.

Offline Paul M

• Vice Admiral
  • P
« Reply #146 on: November 06, 2012, 02:28:26 AM »
The information written about jump drives when you click on it in the tech list says that military engines can't use civilian generated jump points and "vice versa."  The "vice versa" is wrong as my ships with civilian engines can use a military jump drive produced jump point.  I used civilian engines on things like survey ships and my small tanker class so is was nice to find out my grav survey ships could join in with my science vessel for exloration.

Offline Napoleon XIX

• Petty Officer
  • N
« Reply #147 on: November 06, 2012, 01:41:23 PM »
When I advance a turn or open the system view screen, I get the following error:

Correction: this happens whenever I advance a turn whilst having the system view open in Sol or move/open the system view to Sol, but not my other systems.

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #148 on: November 06, 2012, 01:43:38 PM »
Situation: Fighter Squadroon windows open: click over Squadron #5 named: Error:
[ooc]Error 91 was generated by Aurora
Object variable or With block variable not set[/ooc]

and when hit ok:

[ooc]Error 3075 wa generated by DAO.Database
Errore di sintassi (operatore mancante) nellespressione della query 'RaceID = 154
and FleetName = 'Squadron#5 - Outlaw's bandits #71"
please report etc..etc..[/ooc]

and finally when programm DO NOT go ahead and Forcely Close this Error:
[ooc]Error 3420 was generated by DAO.Database
Oggetto non valido o non impostato
etcetc[/ooc]

EDIT:
game launched agai,,run Turn in Auto Turns mode on...all good..fear the bug r hiddend into Fighter Squad

EDIT 2:
Destroy Fighter (ive know Fighter's number who r into selected Fight Squadroon) wreck into space..and ERROR..pufff..vanguished..no more.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 03:00:33 PM by waresky »

Offline Sloshmonger

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • S
« Reply #149 on: November 06, 2012, 03:20:42 PM »
Situation: Fighter Squadroon windows open: click over Squadron #5 named: Error:
[ooc]Error 91 was generated by Aurora
Object variable or With block variable not set[/ooc]

and when hit ok:

[ooc]Error 3075 wa generated by DAO.Database
Errore di sintassi (operatore mancante) nellespressione della query 'RaceID = 154
and FleetName = 'Squadron#5 - Outlaw's bandits #71"
please report etc..etc..[/ooc]

and finally when programm DO NOT go ahead and Forcely Close this Error:
[ooc]Error 3420 was generated by DAO.Database
Oggetto non valido o non impostato
etcetc[/ooc]

EDIT:
game launched agai,,run Turn in Auto Turns mode on...all good..fear the bug r hiddend into Fighter Squad

EDIT 2:
Destroy Fighter (ive know Fighter's number who r into selected Fight Squadroon) wreck into space..and ERROR..pufff..vanguished..no more.

I think when the squadron launched, a fleet was created with that name and the game didn't like the apostrophe.  If you rename the fleet and fighter squadron, that should probably fix it.  So, "Outlaws Bandits #71" rather than "Outlaw's Bandits #71".