Author Topic: ruins  (Read 1862 times)

Offline chebyrashka972 (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • c
ruins
« on: January 10, 2011, 07:35:24 PM »
hello
 explain please read more about the ruins and then on the wiki is not very clear
 sorry for my english

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: ruins
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 07:50:56 PM »
Ruins are the remnants of older civilizations. You need a Xeno team to decipher the language, and Engineering units to recover any stuff that is still functional.

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • c
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 09:13:32 PM »
That's unclear.
 Assembled a team, sent to a planet where the ruins.
 They will explore the ruins of an automaton?
 How do they give the command to explore these ruins?
 Where research results can be viewed?
 It took 2 years of no progress.
 About the engineers can explain me more?

Offline jocan2003

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • j
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 09:17:56 PM »
You have to send an archeology or geology team? dont remember wich one. once you get basic information such as the ruin name THEN engineer will start working on the ruins.

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • c
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 09:21:35 PM »
That is, the team must recruit ksenologov and geologists?
 A need for engineers to create a team?

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 09:42:20 PM »
To create a Xenoarcheology team you will need to go to the Population and Production Screen (F2) and then the Teams/Academy tab.  In the upper left there is a pull down menu for the different types of teams.  Select the colony you want them to be at first(or you will need to give a ship orders to move them to the planet where you need them) and select 5 officers with hopefully the best ratings in Xenoarcheology (xeno for short).  Once they get on a planet with ruins they will start trying to figure out the background info that the engineers need to actually do the work.  This can take anywhere from a couple of weeks to a 8-10 years (I think I had one that took 11 years but can't quite remember)  Once they figure out the language you will see the description on the summary page (F2 screen) change from having a bunch of ?? marks to a name of the original empire, a tech level (1-5) and how many installations are available to attempt to recover.  When this happens then your engineers can get to work activating them.  Be warned that many of them will not be recoverable, and the engineer's commanding officer's xeno rating does help.

Brian

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • c
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 10:13:33 PM »
means it is necessary to send an engineering team on the planet where there are ruins?
 thanks for the answers

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 07:12:41 AM »
An Engineer Brigade actually.  You'll find them under ground combat units not teams.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline Sheb

• Commodore
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 10:43:01 AM »
I tried to send a Weno team, but the game said I needed a population.  Is there another way to do that than to move colonists around? (That planet is far away and got toxic gases in its athmosphere. )

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 10:57:04 AM »
I tried to send a Weno team, but the game said I needed a population.  Is there another way to do that than to move colonists around? (That planet is far away and got toxic gases in its athmosphere. )
In the System Display screen (F9) click on the planet in question and then click on the add colony button along the bottom of the screen should do it for you.  You only need to designate the planet with a colony, it does not need to have any people there at all.

Brian

Offline Sheb

• Commodore
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 10:58:51 AM »
Thanks!

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 08:22:46 AM »
You can also use the System Map screen(F3).  Right click on the planet you want, a drop down appears with four options, mouse-over the last one (populations) and a create colony option is displayed.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley