Author Topic: mineral tab  (Read 1128 times)

Offline Lafe Sparhawk (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • L
mineral tab
« on: January 19, 2010, 01:07:39 AM »
Hello,
I've just completed a geological survey of the Sol system and am putting together an extraterrestrial mining plan. The mineral tab only registers a limited ammount of bodies, in the order they were surveyed (maybe 37). Is there a way to scroll through all the surveyed bodies to examine their mineral composition?

Best regards,
Lafe

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: mineral tab
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 01:23:26 AM »
Quote from: "Lafe Sparhawk"
Hello,
I've just completed a geological survey of the Sol system and am putting together an extraterrestrial mining plan. The mineral tab only registers a limited ammount of bodies, in the order they were surveyed (maybe 37). Is there a way to scroll through all the surveyed bodies to examine their mineral composition?

Best regards,
Lafe
I am assuming you mean the Minerals tab on the System Map. The default view will show a treeview control that includes every surveyed body that has minerals. You can click on the + next to the body name to see the minerals. Or you can click the Mineral Text button at the bottom of the tab, which will display the minerals in text form so you can scroll through them all (or paste them into an AAR). Or you could use the Geological Survey Report window (sixth icon from the right on the system map toolbar - looks like a planet with a square chart in front of it), which will allow you to search for minerals using a variety of parameters.

Steve

Offline Lafe Sparhawk (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • L
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 01:57:41 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply,
 Possibly the situation I have encountered is a lack of minerals in the bodies I expected minerals to be in. For instance I surveyed Jupiter and its moons and only Metis and Sinope show as having minerals. I assumed that I was doing something wrong.  For what its worth Steve Aurora has made me quite giddy. Rarely do I find an opportunity to feel the raw youthful exhuberance of learning something interesting that is unexpected and new. Thankyou.

Best regards,
Lafe

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 02:35:10 AM »
Quote from: "Lafe Sparhawk"
Thanks for the quick reply,
 Possibly the situation I have encountered is a lack of minerals in the bodies I expected minerals to be in. For instance I surveyed Jupiter and its moons and only Metis and Sinope show as having minerals. I assumed that I was doing something wrong.  For what its worth Steve Aurora has made me quite giddy. Rarely do I find an opportunity to feel the raw youthful exhuberance of learning something interesting that is unexpected and new. Thankyou.

Best regards,
Lafe
Thanks! I am glad you are enjoying the game. It's not easy to learn but it's a lot of fun when you get into it. Mineral deposits will only appear on a minority of bodies and those deposits will usually include only a few of the eleven mineral types. Check out the brief description of the Mining tab from the F2 window as that provides some information on mineral accessibilities: viewtopic.php?f=101&t=1959

Steve