Author Topic: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?  (Read 266468 times)

Offline linkxsc

• Commander
Re: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?
« Reply #720 on: October 08, 2014, 07:16:55 PM »
After the earth federation finished making a number of trade agreements with the glease 328(dont remember exact number). They continued to explore neighboring systems farther and farther from the homeland of sol. Avoiding as they can the much less friendly alience of alpha centauri. That is until they hit the the 32nd system explored, a wolf-something system 7 jumps from sol and the farthest number of jumps yet. After jumping into system, time seemed to stand still, as the game came to a grinding halt.

Honestly dunno whats up, even opening the industry menu takes over 3 minutes, and a 5 day increment now takes roughly 7 minutes to complete. Long story short, game does not do well on laptops.

Offline martinuzz

• Lieutenant
  • High Dwarf
« Reply #721 on: October 09, 2014, 12:12:59 PM »
I was very confused to notice a worker shortage of 12 million workers on Earth, which has a population by now of 3.6 billion (started with 2 billion, conventional start). Then I remembered that I built a new single-slipyard naval yard a few years ago, and set it to continual expansion.
I guess those shipyard operation techs really kicked in, because I now own a 1.12 million ton military naval yard :P

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #722 on: October 09, 2014, 02:31:56 PM »
Honestly dunno whats up, even opening the industry menu takes over 3 minutes, and a 5 day increment now takes roughly 7 minutes to complete. Long story short, game does not do well on laptops.

This has nothing to do with laptops. Aurora has major performance issues, especially when there is a number of NPRs running around your game, so 7 minutes for 5 day increment isn't anything out of the ordinary. To be honest whenever I play some major campaign, I always do something else when playing an Aurora. Favorite activities include civ 5 or other turn based strategies, reading books, re-watching anime I already saw and reading TVtropes. It helps that I have two monitors (a laptop screen and a normal monitor hooked up to it). And from what I've read on the forums, I'm not the only one doing so.

Offline linkxsc

• Commander
« Reply #723 on: October 09, 2014, 08:29:25 PM »
The laptop cant play civ5 though. And if i play dwarf fortress, aurora gets bugged.

Though I do wonder. See when I play at home, my desktop is much faster (hardware is about the same). The biggest difference is at home ive got the game running off a solid state drive, and the laptop is a laptop hdd

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #724 on: October 10, 2014, 03:55:06 AM »
@linkxsc

I read books ( WEBER !! ) and surf the web when Aurora starts to have problems with calculating everything.

I have two campaings now :
One is my YT tutorial that i've begun recently and second one is Her Majesty Failboat - save uploaded by a guy from 4chan's /gsg which im trying to salvage coz its terrible..

Here's a link if anyone is curious : http://www.mediafire.com/download/6yucrcn5tzgzlr2/Her+Majesty%27s+Failboat.zip#39;s_Failboat.zip
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 04:18:00 AM by Lossmar »
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."

Offline Ixeziel

• Leading Rate
  • I
« Reply #725 on: October 10, 2014, 03:40:07 PM »
Decided to start a multi-empire start on earth and somehow ended up generating an NPR on earth ???.  Don't know how it happened, I think it might be because I set NPR generation chance to 85%.  Not the first time I've set it to 85% but first time an NPR spawned on earth though.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #726 on: October 11, 2014, 09:27:38 AM »
If you didn't tick the NPR box in empire generation menu...

Offline Ixeziel

• Leading Rate
  • I
« Reply #727 on: October 11, 2014, 11:10:52 AM »
Quote from: Garfunkel link=topic=3808. msg76397#msg76397 date=1413037658
If you didn't tick the NPR box in empire generation menu. . .

All the empires I created were conventional start empires.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #728 on: October 11, 2014, 12:55:46 PM »
Then it's a mystery. I thought NPR's could only be created by the game on empty bodies.

In other news, I always play with real stars - so I was very surprised to find a Class 2 Black Hole! Luckily my survey cruiser had enough velocity to escape. Had to go trawling the update notes to discover that Steve had put Black Holes back in.

Offline sublight

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Captain
  • s
« Reply #729 on: October 11, 2014, 01:43:48 PM »
While creating those extra factions did you at any point click 'cancel' or close out of the create new faction window? I think there is a bug where closing/canceling out causes the faction to generate anyway as a NPR.

Offline Theodidactus

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #730 on: October 20, 2014, 08:59:58 PM »
4 real life days (perhaps 3 in-game months) of constant firing-range delays and survivor recovery error messages...the problem has resolved, but something absolutely EPIC is happening in the depths of space. Someday I may find out what.
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #731 on: October 21, 2014, 08:18:40 AM »
My homeworld (Earth renamed Terra) is the middle of a seven long strait chain (two JPs in a line between systems [with a single JP system branched off here and there]) between two nexus systems (5+ JPs each) with a friendly empire on one and an ever increasing span of uninhabitable systems the other way, a lot of empty systems with no planets.  Surveyed the JPs of the systems 3 jumps from the empty nexus and found three habitable planet less than cost 10 and two planets with ancient ruins and one with a destroyed empire.  Heavily building up military just in case.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Theodidactus

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #732 on: October 23, 2014, 10:31:19 PM »
I just killed 1 million of my own citizens in a furious orbital bombardment.
The concordant will be presenting a briefing at 11.

My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #733 on: October 24, 2014, 08:56:01 AM »
I just killed 1 million of my own citizens in a furious orbital bombardment.
The concordant will be presenting a briefing at 11.

That should keep them on their toes!

Offline Theodidactus

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #734 on: October 24, 2014, 10:14:58 PM »
The concordant has retired, citing medical reasons, in the midst of a devastating ground/space war. The admiralty has 4 weeks to confirm his named successor.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 10:18:45 PM by Theodidactus »