Author Topic: Ramming Damage  (Read 4209 times)

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: Ramming Damage
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2018, 03:47:25 PM »
If the first roll suceeds and there is interest in stating a CMC somewhere why not keep looking until a site is found?  Then the fact that their are older and more developed and exhausted systems or systems without a site for a CMC dosen't block the process completely.  As when a site showed up in Sol after I explored the oort cloud it was within a few months equiped with a CMC.

I'm pretty sure the chance is to start a new CMC or add a mine to an existing CMC.  So every five days there is a 15% chance to add a civilian automine somewhere in your empire.  I you're only looking for a new CMC to pop up, that's much less than a 1% chance.

Offline Paul M (OP)

• Vice Admiral
  • P
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2018, 03:52:23 PM »
my understanding is:
                  it is a check against my income with a random roll of 1-1,000,000 for a new CMC.
                  it is a check against my income with a random roll of 1-4,000,000 for an expansion to an existing CMC.

So the expansion, which happens fairly often is less likely.   But I think that the CMC showing up is around 1% since the chance the check is made in Gl493.1 is well low as it has to fail in every other system as most of them have no sites to be selected...and this explains why I have only seen them in Sol.   I need to get the systems with sites to have higher populations or so I think at the moment.  I had not realized once the check succeeds that the process stopped even if no site was in the system.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 03:56:46 PM by Paul M »

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2018, 04:12:58 PM »
I had not realized once the check succeeds that the process stopped even if no site was in the system.

I hadn't realized that either.  I thought it was always +1 automine on a successful economy check.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2018, 05:12:13 PM »
my understanding is:
                  it is a check against my income with a random roll of 1-1,000,000 for a new CMC.
                  it is a check against my income with a random roll of 1-4,000,000 for an expansion to an existing CMC.

Yes, that's correct.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2018, 05:32:34 PM »
I just realized, after re-reading that game change for C# about passenger liners, but we can no longer use civilian shipping lines to move colonists from Earth to Luna and Mars. Which is a bummer, since I'm so used to not having to build colony ships at all.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2018, 05:36:40 PM »
I just realized, after re-reading that game change for C# about passenger liners, but we can no longer use civilian shipping lines to move colonists from Earth to Luna and Mars. Which is a bummer, since I'm so used to not having to build colony ships at all.

You can use shipping lines to move colonists from Earth to Mars. The only restriction is that passenger liners will not carry out same-system trips.

Offline Paul M (OP)

• Vice Admiral
  • P
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2018, 10:57:40 AM »
Steve, apparently I again missed a post...anyway that change in the C# version is great...many existing and retired NCC colonial govenors thank you from the bottom of their hearts!  The mass graves of Venus will never happen again!

I didn't think passenger liners actually moved people...in so far as they drop off and pick up passengers...so the net transfer is 0.

the +1 CMC rating is automatic when you make the expand the CMC check...though maybe it follows the same sort of logic?   Steve, comments?   I can't say as I only have CMCs in Sol and they grow regularily.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2018, 11:42:16 AM »
Steve, apparently I again missed a post...anyway that change in the C# version is great...many existing and retired NCC colonial govenors thank you from the bottom of their hearts!  The mass graves of Venus will never happen again!

I didn't think passenger liners actually moved people...in so far as they drop off and pick up passengers...so the net transfer is 0.

the +1 CMC rating is automatic when you make the expand the CMC check...though maybe it follows the same sort of logic?   Steve, comments?   I can't say as I only have CMCs in Sol and they grow regularily.

Yes, CMC increases just picks an existing site.

I need to change the original creation process to only look at systems with available sites, although I will still have some preference for larger population systems.