Author Topic: Empires Campaign Scenario Comments  (Read 27480 times)

Offline procyon (OP)

• Captain
  • p
Empires Campaign Scenario Comments
« on: December 31, 2010, 03:50:28 AM »
Just in case someone has something to say.

I would also be interested in how the battles came out for others,
or their thoughts/questions on any of the engagements.

The New Empires includes the New Euro (my wife), The Dynasty of Earth (middle boy - formerly Chinese Empire), and the Archaeons (a new race run by my oldest daughter).

The USN was also active and covered on the Starfire site, but the oldest boy has moved away and that end of the galaxy is currently inactive....  :'(

There are several other inactive NPR's based around lost human colonies waiting on the younger kids to take over when they are ready.  The ten year old needs a few more months of experience before he steps up...

... and I will show you fear in a handful of dust ...

Offline procyon (OP)

• Captain
  • p
Re: Empires Campaign Scenario Comments
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 06:11:17 AM »
Been insane at work and doesn't look to let up anytime soon.  Hope to get more written this weekend if I can manage.

I have a question for anyone who has actually been looking at this.  I started writing about the 'Sunset Saga' as my wife calls it because for a long string of months it generated a number of interesting and not terribly unbalanced battles.  I still have several months left to go.  But a pair of the protagonists, R Adm Davidson and R Adm Alice Krimmel get pulled into a fairly interesting storyline away from Sunset, but still tied into its situation.

My question is should I continue with the situation in Sunset and ignore the other string of situations that occur away from this system, or would anyone be interested in the other issues Davidson and Krimmel faced.  For those who have read anything of drakars fiction on the Starfire site, it involves the Honaw (Heernaw) and an issue that complicates the situation in Sunset.

Just curious....

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 07:50:18 AM »
While I realy want to know, how the Sunset situations plays out in the end, I also would like to read more about the admirals.
So I´d vote for the admirals´ story
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline procyon (OP)

• Captain
  • p
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 10:43:14 PM »
I won't quit the Sunset Saga, I would just add in a separate one that I and my wife have named "Trail of the Wolff" which became Davidson's nickname in our game.

And as for knowing how the Sunset Saga turns out, if you find out how it ends let my wife know.  She's still neck deep in it and would like to know how it turns out.

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 07:34:01 AM »
author=procyon link=topic=3150.msg31243#msg31243 date=1298117477]
My question is should I continue with the situation in Sunset and ignore the other string of situations that occur away from this system, or would anyone be interested in the other issues Davidson and Krimmel faced.  For those who have read anything of drakars fiction on the Starfire site, it involves the Honaw (Heernaw) and an issue that complicates the situation in Sunset.

Just curious....

The more the better, its a no brainer .  ;D  If we can't have more of the Nemesis Campaign then this is an acceptable alternative, and I haven't looked at Starfire since the Galactic edition.

Regards

IanD

Offline mavikfelna

• Lieutenant
    • http://www.geocities.com/mavikfelna
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 01:48:14 PM »
I've really enjoyed the scenario posts and look forward to seeing what happens. Thanks for keeping such good notes and letting us share.

--Mav

Offline procyon (OP)

• Captain
  • p
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 04:33:32 AM »
Ok, after finding a way onto the Starfire site I have been involved in a couple of topics over there.
To that end I have a challenge for anyone willing to accept it...

We used the rule that D can either be used in offensive or defensive mode, but not both in the same turn.
But with smcft firing last, that means they know who is the easy target for their external ordinance.
Thus no one tends to use their D offensively and the smcft are nearly unkillable.

An option that has been thrown around (and we are trying out also) is allowing D to fire offensively and defensively,
but that it will take the -1 mod to intercept numbers just like firing at an additional salvo.

I would like to see if anyone would be willing to replay our battles with the new rule and see if the outcomes change.
Let me know if you do and how it turns out.
Thanks in advance for anyone who does.

Offline procyon (OP)

• Captain
  • p
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 01:34:55 AM »
Sorry about the long inactivity on this.
We haven't stopped playing, but the oldest girl graduated and is getting ready for college.
The oldest boy is coming back for a month to visit soon.
And we just finished spring cleaning (to my wife's satisfaction level that is).

Unfortunately, with all the packing, cleaning, etc., I have managed to misplace my turn notes on turns 40-55.  When I find them, I promise to get back to work on this.

Serviceowg

Empires Campaign Scenario Comments
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2016, 01:46:36 AM »
Hey there.   I havnt looked it over yet, but im all for more campaign ideas.   Is this for the typical 'we all start with worlds and try to build empires' type of campaign?