Author Topic: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 209223 times)

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #840 on: September 05, 2018, 10:33:12 AM »
I've recently noticed something that I can't quite figure out.  If you've been following my campaign then you know that my humans have been stuck in the Solar System for some time, and thus I didn't really notice this problem until now, as they finally, triumphantly, begin to return to other systems. 

The problem is that asteroids are not being displayed on the System Map.  I've checked all of the settings and everything seems to be set properly, but as usual I don't know if I've missed something.  Specifically, on the System Map screen, display tab, asteroids are checked, so they should show up but are not.  This is true for every system that I've explored. 

I don't remember ever noticing this problem before, and I've checked everything I can think of. 

Kurt

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #841 on: September 05, 2018, 10:43:00 AM »
Maybe you have turned some of the options on which hide planets etc., if they don't have a colony on it. Sometimes in conjunction with "don't show names", thinks tend to disappear... . You should check that.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 10:45:27 AM by TMaekler »

Offline Marski

• Commander
« Reply #842 on: November 04, 2018, 02:14:36 PM »
Using one-day turns delay research indefinitely, both with standard aurora and portable one

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #843 on: November 04, 2018, 02:28:34 PM »
Using one-day turns delay research indefinitely, both with standard aurora and portable one

There is something else going on as I use one-day turns all the time. Could be missiles in flight or maybe you have space-time bubble active?

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #844 on: November 04, 2018, 03:45:20 PM »

Not indefinitely for me, just for 2X, where X is the 'construction cycle'.  So with the standard 5 day build cycle (wihich is actually a few minutes short of five full days), when I advance time by 1 day research and shipbuilding and construction and so on fail to advance.  Keep advancing by 1 day increments for 9 days and still no progress is made.  Then on the tenth day of 1 day increments, Aurora finally realizes it has passed a construction cycle and 'backfills' all the missing progress.

Also, if you have one low-skill scientist supervising one lab with a low racial reasearch rate, you can get your research progress down to where it rounds to 0 with a small construction cycle -- such as 86,400 seconds.

Offline Marski

• Commander
« Reply #845 on: November 06, 2018, 04:17:18 AM »
Not indefinitely for me, just for 2X, where X is the 'construction cycle'.  So with the standard 5 day build cycle (wihich is actually a few minutes short of five full days), when I advance time by 1 day research and shipbuilding and construction and so on fail to advance.  Keep advancing by 1 day increments for 9 days and still no progress is made.  Then on the tenth day of 1 day increments, Aurora finally realizes it has passed a construction cycle and 'backfills' all the missing progress.
Yep, same problem.
It's a bother

Offline amram

• Lieutenant
  • a
« Reply #846 on: November 14, 2018, 02:52:47 AM »
apologies if this is old news, haven't walked the entire 57 page thread to check, but just encountered this in my game.

Disassembly of less than one complete part ends with negative component counts, and unlimited disassembly potential.

Code: [Select]
fresh start, conventional, no pre-assigned tech

SM mode, gifted myself all the engine techs, to produce a single size 50 photonic engine, gifted the design tech.
Then SM Added the component to the stockpile.  Then removed all tech, returning me to Conventional start. 
Confirmed with checking the design tech, can't build anything but starter tech.

Then designed a new ship, really just a small cargo hold in a hull.  It fits 0.4 of a 50HS engine.  That leaves 0.6 in the planet stockpile.

Stockpile now shows 0x engines.  Disassembly gets me to -1x, etc.

A couple hundred repeated disassemblies gets me the complete engine tech line.  I can now build photonic drives, while still being conventional... can't even make reactors yet.

Perhaps the payout from disassembly should be modified by how much of the part you disassemble. Stops us at zero components instead of negatives, pays out the same amount whether the whole unit in one disassembly, or across multiple smaller disassembles, and still allows moving large components incrementally as needed.

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #847 on: November 14, 2018, 08:13:58 AM »
Oldie... Does anyone know a way around the 5 second spam? Up to around 1500 5 second turns now... Tried jumping system and using the space time bubble but to no effect...
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline Michael Sandy

• Commodore
  • M
« Reply #848 on: November 17, 2018, 03:34:30 PM »
So apparently boarding a ship with zero crew causes an error that prevents the boarding action from being resolved.

I disabled a whole bunch of Swarm Soldiers, and starting boarding actions.

Boarding combat on Swarm Soldier.  Total Attack Strength 13.  Combat Ratio -650 Chance of attacker unit loss 0%

Error in BoardingCombat
Error 11 was generated by Aurora
Division by zero

Is it just Swarm ships that have zero crew that cause this problem?

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #849 on: November 17, 2018, 05:54:13 PM »
Yes, Swarm ships are un-boardable by design.  (Since they're living creatures and all.)

Offline obsidian_green

• Lieutenant
  • o
« Reply #850 on: January 13, 2019, 09:33:55 PM »
"Error in PointBlankPDFire" is a bug that's been reported in at least three versions of Aurora. "Error 3021 was generated by DAO.Field. No current record." Seems as if PD weapons are trying to target already destroyed missiles.

I've previously just clicked through the (numerous) error messages when I know the error was associated with my own fleets, but now I'm getting them for some NPR engagement, so I have no clue how long it will go on, and they have something like 120 PD weapons that can't take a shot at a target. That's a lot of "enter" tapping and I've grown rather tired of 21st March 2138 (which is going to be the source material for the 2140 remake of Groundhog Day).

This doesn't seem to be a general problem for players, so I wonder if by understanding what's actually happening I might be able to avoid the source of the error or at least minimize the problem.

Offline obsidian_green

• Lieutenant
  • o
« Reply #851 on: January 18, 2019, 02:56:18 PM »
Concerning "Error in PointBlankPDFire":

Starting to design new PD turrets and made an observation. My turrets are dedicated to final fire PD, so the FCs I paired them with have shorter max range than their guns (GCs which I left at longer range in the unlikely event I wanted to use them offensively by assigning them to FCs for my longer-ranged lasers). I wonder if that might be the source of the bug or an indicator of the bug's nature.

I'll design a new gun with a range that doesn't exceed the intended FC and see if that helps, but I don't play around with SM that much, so I don't know how soon that theory can be tested, between getting those ships out there and finding something that might trigger the error messages. Doesn't help with the NPR that now seems to be throwing those error messages, but (slow) "science!" as they say in Dwarf Fortress, might be served.  :)

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
« Reply #852 on: January 21, 2019, 11:46:20 AM »
My event update is blank... Or more to the truth, its doesn't open correctly, I can see it totally white in the "toolbar" of Aurora but cant open it...
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Offline Tree

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #853 on: January 21, 2019, 12:56:56 PM »
My event update is blank... Or more to the truth, its doesn't open correctly, I can see it totally white in the "toolbar" of Aurora but cant open it...
In the main window, open the "Miscellaneous" menu and select "Reset Window Positions".
It'll move all your windows to the top left corner of your screen, it sounds like your event menu is outside your screen currently.

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
« Reply #854 on: January 23, 2019, 05:39:51 AM »
Tried it, to no effect... :'(
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"