VB6 Aurora > Installation

Windows 7 and Vista Issues

(1/9) > >>

Steve Walmsley:
The v4.75 patch is now superseded but I will leave this as a placeholder because of the discussion on Windows 7 in this thread

Steve

WHCnelson:
If I use this on my windows 7 PC will it overwrite what I have in the programs folder?

Steve Walmsley:

--- Quote from: "WHCnelson" ---If I use this on my windows 7 PC will it overwrite what I have in the programs folder?
--- End quote ---
Unfortunately I have no idea on Windows 7. I am still using XP64. If anyone else is familiar with Windows 7 could they answer this question please.

Steve

Beersatron:
I was having (rage) issues trying to copy and paste with having Aurora in my program files directory so I just installed it into another partition.

Somebody mentioned that if you do not have partitions then you can install it in the 'my documents' part since you will then have unfettered access to copy and paste.

You should go ahead and try to copy/paste the new exe into Aurora and then run it to check the version number. Never know, it might work.

There might be another workaround, but I can't remember what the button is called at the top of the File Explorer - it has something to do with 'backup' I think. You can try to copy/paste the new exe into here and then copy/paste from the backup folder to the program files folder.

boggo2300:
I just unzip to the folder I dowload the patches to, then copy paste and overwrite into the Program files Aurora folder, and let UAC elevate permissions.  Haven't had any problems at all doing it like this.

Matt

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version