Author Topic: Ship Movement  (Read 1677 times)

Offline aPPle (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • a
Ship Movement
« on: July 06, 2012, 05:44:43 PM »
ok so i have a survey task group surveying a new system.  its got a bunch of gas giants with a bunch of moons and it is taking a lot of real time.
is there a way to get the ships to survey more than 1 body per time increment.  its getting kind of annoying to have to go 1 hour at a time rather than survey 1 body per month.

thanks in advance.

Offline clement

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • c
Re: Ship Movement
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 06:58:04 PM »
On the fleet screen (F12) on the second tab for a fleet, called "Special Orders / Organization" there is a drop down on the left called Default Orders. In there select "Survey Next 5 System Bodies" and the ships will auto survey until the system is done. The same can be done for grav surveys by using "Survey next 3 System Locations".

There are several useful default commands in the 2 dropdowns available.

Offline aPPle (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • a
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 12:42:48 AM »
i know i looked at those options and tested them.  the issue is i advance time 30 days and they only survey 1 body, regardless of the setting.  i tried messing with sub-pulses as well to no avail.
i also know that with the ships speed and sensor strength it can survey a body and move on to the next one in under 3 hours.  in 30 days the entire system should be surveyed. 

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 02:12:15 AM »
i know i looked at those options and tested them.  the issue is i advance time 30 days and they only survey 1 body, regardless of the setting.  i tried messing with sub-pulses as well to no avail.
i also know that with the ships speed and sensor strength it can survey a body and move on to the next one in under 3 hours.  in 30 days the entire system should be surveyed. 

5 day increments are actually more efficient for that reason.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 04:56:35 AM »

If you use "Survey Next 5 Bodies", instead of "Survey Next Body", they will survey multiple bodies per increment. The five survey orders are created at once, just as if you had done them manually.

Steve

Offline ollobrains

• Commander
  • o
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 12:32:28 AM »
Survey next 3 bodies instead of 5, perhaps making this the survey multiple of choice for solar system increments,  Create 3 and perhaps 1, automatic and manual