Author Topic: Can’t transport (automine)  (Read 1281 times)

Offline legemaine (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • l
Can’t transport (automine)
« on: April 17, 2020, 12:36:29 AM »
It’s been a long time since I’ve played Aurora but have been spurred on by the unveiling of C#, so this may be something I’ve forgotten, or a change in C#.

I don’t seem to be able to transport an auto mine to a new colony site (in this case Mercury).  I have a 5k freighter, it successfully loads a 0. 2 AM, but there is no option to unload when it reaches Mercury, I have flagged Mercury as a colony, but of course there is nothing there as yet

What newbie mistake have I (re)made?

Chris

Offline Kamilo

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • K
Re: Can’t transport (automine)
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 12:39:20 AM »
Does your freighter has shuttle bays?

Offline cool_hc

• Leading Rate
  • c
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 01:17:16 AM »
Hi

i had almost an identical issue
But Kamilo is correct

To Unload Installations:
First - the destination needs to made a "colony".  Else the option to unload infrastructure won't show in the orders list. 
Second - in C#, your freighter (aswell as Colony ships) need Cargo shuttle bays, else the Ship will just fly to the destination and 'sit' on it doing nothing. 
There won't be any error messages in the ship design screen if you forget to add shuttle bays.  I've learned that the hard way, building up a fleet of cargo ships and then seeing them sit on colonies without unloading.  I'd recommend adding more than one Cargo shuttle bay - the more you have, the faster you load/unload.
And there is a new research line that lets you improve the speed of cargo shuttle bays.
There is a link explaining the mechanics in the wiki
hxxp: aurorawiki. pentarch. org/index. php?title=C-Ship_Tasks#Load. 2FUnload_Cargo

Chris

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2020, 07:28:38 AM »
Yep it was the cargo shuttles. . .

Thanks anyhow