Author Topic: How many missiles  (Read 5228 times)

Offline mrDLSable (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • m
How many missiles
« on: June 01, 2014, 01:59:54 PM »
I have created a missile design and researched it and now my ordnance factories have created a couple.  But I don't remember how many I told it to make.  Where can I see how many missiles are on a specific body?

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
Re: How many missiles
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 02:10:27 PM »
There is a button on the top left of the production tab that says "Stockpiles"  If you click on it you will toggle the screen from listing what you have in production to what has been built and stored on that colony.

Brian

Offline Wolfius

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • W
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 02:13:06 PM »
Economics window, Industry tab. In the top-right corner there's a button called Stockpiles.

Be aware that the Scrap button in that window recycles everything of the type you selected, tho, if you ever use it. Can be an expensive learning experiance.

Offline mrDLSable (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • m
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 02:23:14 PM »
Thank you for the answers :)

Offline mrDLSable (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • m
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 09:13:18 AM »
I have another question regarding missiles.  On the wiki it states that you need magazines to load the missiles, but it doesn't tell anything else about them I think.  So how do I make them and how do I load missiles into my ship?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 09:25:45 AM »
I have another question regarding missiles.  On the wiki it states that you need magazines to load the missiles, but it doesn't tell anything else about them I think.  So how do I make them and how do I load missiles into my ship?

Magazines are made like other components. You can specify a current loadout for a ship with missiles. You should also find an order in the fleet screen that is worded something like "Rearm at colony" This will reload missiles based on the ship's default loadout.

Offline mrDLSable (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • m
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 09:52:32 AM »
Quote from: Erik Luken link=topic=7235. msg73603#msg73603 date=1401805545
Magazines are made like other components.  You can specify a current loadout for a ship with missiles.  You should also find an order in the fleet screen that is worded something like "Rearm at colony" This will reload missiles based on the ship's default loadout.

Thank you for the quick reply.  I have another quick question: once the civilians have make a  civilian mining colony is it possible to kick them out of it and make a normal colony on the body? I know you're supposed to be anle to make a normal colony on the body, but wouldn't the civilians keep extracting minerals from the body?

Offline Panopticon

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • P
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 12:35:54 PM »
You can delete the colony using SM mode, but why would you want to unless you have some RP reason? Let the civilians mine the minerals and either buy them or let them boost your economy a bit.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 12:49:02 PM »
Thank you for the quick reply.  I have another quick question: once the civilians have make a  civilian mining colony is it possible to kick them out of it and make a normal colony on the body? I know you're supposed to be anle to make a normal colony on the body, but wouldn't the civilians keep extracting minerals from the body?

Both can coexist. And unless there is a scarce amount of minerals (why would you want one there then anyway?), you can buy them as Panopticon says. Eventually you can out mine them, so it's no matter in the long run.

Offline Wolfius

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • W
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2014, 02:37:44 PM »
You can delete the colony using SM mode, but why would you want to unless you have some RP reason? Let the civilians mine the minerals and either buy them or let them boost your economy a bit.

Maybe they're sitting on a deposit of something scarce and he doesn't have the spare cash to buy them? If there's a large deposit of something else on the body, civilian mining can expand pretty fast, RNG willing.

Offline mrDLSable (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • m
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2014, 09:11:11 AM »
Quote from: Wolfius link=topic=7235. msg73611#msg73611 date=1401824264
Maybe they're sitting on a deposit of something scarce and he doesn't have the spare cash to buy them? If there's a large deposit of something else on the body, civilian mining can expand pretty fast, RNG willing.
This is why.  There are quite a lot of resources on the body.  But if there isn't a non-SM way of kicking the civilians of the moon, I'll just sit there alongside them and try to get as big a mining colony possible going.  :)

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2014, 12:35:22 PM »
I believe you can stop civilians from forming mining colonies on objects you want to use later by claiming it as a colony, even if you don't put anything there for a while.

Offline mrDLSable (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • m
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2014, 03:55:46 PM »
Quote from: JacenHan link=topic=7235. msg73617#msg73617 date=1401903322
I believe you can stop civilians from forming mining colonies on objects you want to use later by claiming it as a colony, even if you don't put anything there for a while.
Thank you for notifiyng me about this.  This is really usefull to know.

Another quetion, this time about terraforming.  If I were to terraform a body with standart deviations, Humans need 0. 2atm oxigen with a deviation of 50%, right? Does this mean that you can just go with 0. 1atm oxigen on a body provided it's less than 30% of the total atmosphere?

Offline NihilRex

• Lieutenant
  • N
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2014, 09:32:53 PM »
Yes, but you need at least 1/3rd of an atmosphere pressure as well.  So, .1 O2 and .2333333 Nitrogen etc will do it.

Offline mrDLSable (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • m
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2014, 04:54:13 AM »
Yes, but you need at least 1/3rd of an atmosphere pressure as well.  So, .1 O2 and .2333333 Nitrogen etc will do it.
Ok. Thank you very much for letting me know that :)