Author Topic: OrbitalMovement  (Read 4657 times)

Offline Thorgarth (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • T
OrbitalMovement
« on: February 14, 2009, 10:25:56 PM »
I am receiving an "Error in OrbitalMovement, Error 11 was generated by Aurora, Division by Zero."

Anything I can do about this?  In the Spring of 2020.  Will this error have a serious impact on playability?

Thank you,
Thorgarth

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: OrbitalMovement
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 04:54:51 AM »
You can go to the Game Options screen and turn off orbital movement for asteroids (or planets/moons, whichever one is causing the problem).

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 12:34:43 PM »
Quote from: "Thorgarth"
I am receiving an "Error in OrbitalMovement, Error 11 was generated by Aurora, Division by Zero."

Anything I can do about this?  In the Spring of 2020.  Will this error have a serious impact on playability?
I think this is caused by an extremely rare problem, that I thought I had fixed. If a planet or a moon has an orbital distance of zero you will get this error. I don't know how many systems you have, but you would be able to confirm the problem by looking at the orbital distances of your system bodies. If that is the problem and you have Access on your PC, let me know and I will explain how to modify the database.

The game won't be affected by this problem other than the error popping up.

Steve

Offline Spaceman Spiff

• Leading Rate
  • S
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 12:26:02 AM »
Quote from: SteveAlt link=topic=1422.  msg12465#msg12465 date=1235068483
I think this is caused by an extremely rare problem, that I thought I had fixed.   If a planet or a moon has an orbital distance of zero you will get this error.   I don't know how many systems you have, but you would be able to confirm the problem by looking at the orbital distances of your system bodies.   If that is the problem and you have Access on your PC, let me know and I will explain how to modify the database. 
I just started getting this error (playing 7.  1) after exploring a couple new systems.   Using the System View tab and looking at "Orbital Distance" for all my systems, I don't have any bodies that have a distance of "0".   One of the new systems is empty, though (except for the two stars in it), so maybe that is what is causing the error?

I do have Access, so it if would be possible to know how to modify the database to fix the error, that would be terrific!