Author Topic: Thank you dev!  (Read 972 times)

Offline GodwinW (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
Thank you dev!
« on: June 06, 2020, 11:25:39 AM »
Hello everyone!

Just got Shadow Empires 2 days ago and read a review about it comparing its emergent cool gameplay to something called Aurora 4X.
Never heard of that. 
Duckduckgo it.

So I come to an old youtube video and from there learn it's free?! :o
I make my way to this forum, see the last patch and base game, download it without even registering and start it up: it plays! And looks better than in that old video (now a dark theme)!

So thank you very much dev for making this free and sharing this with everyone who gets here!

Much appreciated!

Now I have quite a lot of tutorials to get through, if someone has a good tip for one I'd be much obliged.

Best regards,
Godwin W.

The following users thanked this post: Hawkeye, skoormit, Gabrote42

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
Re: Thank you dev!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 04:34:28 PM »
Hello everyone!

Just got Shadow Empires 2 days ago and read a review about it comparing its emergent cool gameplay to something called Aurora 4X.
Never heard of that. 
Duckduckgo it.

So I come to an old youtube video and from there learn it's free?! :o
I make my way to this forum, see the last patch and base game, download it without even registering and start it up: it plays! And looks better than in that old video (now a dark theme)!

So thank you very much dev for making this free and sharing this with everyone who gets here!

Much appreciated!

Now I have quite a lot of tutorials to get through, if someone has a good tip for one I'd be much obliged.

Best regards,
Godwin W.

Welcome, friend.

If you like your strategy deep, your gameplay nonlinear, and your UIs complex (and occasionally impenetrable), you have come to the right place.

EDIT: Oh, for tutorials: search for the thread with SpaceMarine's videos. Bookmark it. When you want a tutorial on a topic, search that thread. Chances are high that SM has already covered it.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 04:36:18 PM by skoormit »

The following users thanked this post: Gabrote42, GodwinW