Author Topic: Intentionally founding multiple colonies in a homeworld/other planet  (Read 1569 times)

Offline Aajowa (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • A
Hey all!
I'm loving this latest stoush between Aurora and my free time; and i'm formulating a new slow playthrough focusing on small, low-growth, single-purpose colonies.

My question is: I understand that there are conditions in which you can create multiple colonies in a single world through invasion of NPRs - I am wondering if it's possible to intentionally do this for my homeworld? spawning NPCs to invade isn't my ideal setup, particularly given the mix of conventional start/low pop/pacifism.  Unfortunately all the answers i've found are the opposite - people asking how to abandon accidentally-founded secondary colonies on conquered worlds.

Thanks to anyone who happens to know, and twice the thanks to anyone who can help! :)

Offline Rich.h

• Captain
  • R
Re: Intentionally founding multiple colonies in a homeworld/other planet
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2021, 01:08:14 PM »
Using SM mode you can create a race on any body that is elligible for life. When you setup all their starting conditions (population, facilities number etc), the top left of the window has a check box to make this race an NPR or player race.

Just be careful if you are creating a bunch of empires all on that one body, each colony contributes to the overall maximum population for that body, if you go over that by creating a bunch of 4bn pop colonies, then in the first 5 day turn you each will suffer massive population loss and all the adde effects (facilities not working etc).

The following users thanked this post: Aajowa

Offline Aajowa (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2021, 05:12:16 PM »
Thanks for the reply! Sorry, I wasn't sure the word for secondary player race, I tried NPC rather than NPR but I've just realised it means the same thing!
I'm trying to run them as seperate regions and wouldn't like them as separate empires - is there a way to transfer colonies in c#? I'm sure I saw one in vb6 but so far I'm having no luck in this version (1.  13)

Offline Rich.h

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2021, 12:47:07 AM »
Thanks for the reply! Sorry, I wasn't sure the word for secondary player race, I tried NPC rather than NPR but I've just realised it means the same thing!
I'm trying to run them as seperate regions and wouldn't like them as separate empires - is there a way to transfer colonies in c#? I'm sure I saw one in vb6 but so far I'm having no luck in this version (1.  13)

Not yet but it has been set in for 2.0

Offline Aajowa (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2021, 05:54:41 AM »
Ahh, I'll have to wait for it to do that kind of playthrough.  I guess a single colony will do for now.  Thanks again!

Offline Fistandantillus7

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • F
  • Discord Username: Fistandantillus7#1567
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2021, 04:53:56 PM »
…is there a way to transfer colonies…
Well you can transfer everything in one colony to the other and then just delete the empty colony/population. But the same 'empire' has to control both to do that. IIUC for RP reasons you want to play two cooperative 'empires' that might share resources and/or technology, but I do not believe that is possible.