Author Topic: Constant interruption for "ship is within firing range"  (Read 2744 times)

Offline Icebird (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • I
Constant interruption for "ship is within firing range"
« on: March 01, 2011, 09:00:17 AM »
My game is now unplayable due to constant 1 minute interruptions.
The exact message I get when I look the log in SM mode is:
"Increment length adjusted as a ship is in firing range"

The problem is I have no enemy contact in sight. I've looked in all the systems I could think off, I've used SM mode to put huge numbers of Tracking station here and there to try to find those ships, but I find nothing.

Anyone have an idea how I can resolve the situation?
And no, waiting for it to go away will not work, I've let the program run all night long and it still is stuck at 1 minute increments.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Constant interruption for "ship is within firing range"
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 09:39:39 AM »
The exact message I get when I look the log in SM mode is:
"Increment length adjusted as a ship is in firing range"

The problem is I have no enemy contact in sight. I've looked in all the systems I could think off, I've used SM mode to put huge numbers of Tracking station here and there to try to find those ships, but I find nothing.

And no, waiting for it to go away will not work, I've let the program run all night long and it still is stuck at 1 minute increments.

If you send me the database I will try and fix the problem. Send the Stevefire.mdb to stevewalmsley at btinternet.com. When you send it, please include the text of your original post.

Steve

Offline Icebird (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • I
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 11:04:05 AM »
By running spacetime-bubble for a few days I managed to get out of that loop.
However, since it started again a few months later, the rogue ship that cause this loop is still out there.
Right now I dont have the bug (used spacetime bubble again) but next time I have it, I will send you the database.

Offline Icebird (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • I
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 11:06:30 AM »
On an unrelated note, I got the "ground forces disappearance" bug again. Each time I let the robot guardians attack me for a few cycles, they "surrender" and all my ground forces vanish. If I attack and eliminate them first, I instead get an additional empty colony.

Offline minionator

• Leading Rate
  • m
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 07:28:47 PM »
I've dug through spacemaster mode and this seems to be the same as the bug I'm getting with my game.   endless 60 second rounds of 'increment length adjusted as a ship is within firing range'

Offline Peter Rhodan

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • P
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 08:39:03 PM »
With the Robot soldiers bug - if you go to the list ground forces and change from this population only to all you will find your troops are still listed but with no colony placement - in SM mode you can magically place them where you want....  I have had this problem 3 times STEVE !!!

Offline Jeltz

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2021, 12:32:13 PM »

Same problem, and you are luky because in my game the "adjusted increment" is 5 second...

it all started after a clash with an NPR, when their survivors retreated beyond the range of my active sensors; as read in similar cases I tried to unlock the last locked targets, reset all beam fire control (all green) and I also tried to disassociate the weapons from the BFCs. All useless, the time increase remains "adjusted" at 5 seconds.

Any suggest?

J.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 01:01:29 PM by Jeltz »

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2021, 12:40:52 PM »

Same problem, and you are luky because in my game the "adjusted increment" is 5 second...

it all started after a clash with an NPR, when their survivors retreated beyond the range of my active sensors; as read in similar cases I tried to unlock the last locked targets, reset all beam fire control (all green) and I also tried to disassociate the weapons from the BFCs. All useless, the time increase remains "adjusted" at 5 seconds.

J.

This is a VB6 thread from ten years ago. It does not apply to the C# version, I recommend posting about this there - or better, search the sticky threads for the topic, as it has been discussed many times and a range of potential fixes exist.

The following users thanked this post: Jeltz

Offline Jeltz

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2021, 01:10:59 PM »

J.

This is a VB6 thread from ten years ago. It does not apply to the C# version, I recommend posting about this there - or better, search the sticky threads for the topic, as it has been discussed many times and a range of potential fixes exist.

VB6??? Uhhhh sorry, big mistake  :-[