Author Topic: Subfleets and Standing Orders  (Read 1317 times)

Offline superstrijder15 (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • s
Subfleets and Standing Orders
« on: November 03, 2021, 03:23:54 PM »
I like to put all my fleets together for long moves, eg. put my grav surveyers, geo surveyers and their tanker force into one fleet with two subfleets when I send them home to refuel & overhaul. Then when they are in their new system detach the subfleets. However they lose their standing orders during this process, requiring me to tell them to go survey every time. Is there a way to make the subfleets keep their standing orders?

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: Subfleets and Standing Orders
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 06:01:12 PM »
Not to my knowledge, no.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 09:23:43 PM »
I do wish subfleets remembered standing orders like they do formation orders but right now you can't. This is actually functionality that we lost from VB6 as the old naval org tab allowed you to do exactly this.

The following users thanked this post: Frick

Offline Frick

• Chief Petty Officer
  • F
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2024, 07:33:57 AM »
I do wish subfleets remembered standing orders like they do formation orders but right now you can't. This is actually functionality that we lost from VB6 as the old naval org tab allowed you to do exactly this.

This. I've been slowly getting into this game again for the first time in some time (last played very early C# versions) and I realized this is a pretty big downside. Handling ships is fiddlier than in the VB6 version, and I went back and checked just to make sure I remembered correctly.