Author Topic: Aliens Duking it out in SOL system !  (Read 1977 times)

Offline Detjen (OP)

• Lieutenant
Aliens Duking it out in SOL system !
« on: April 16, 2011, 07:18:38 AM »
  this was quite unexpected and alot of fun.   First of all I have made contact with two NPR's.    One the Republic of MidKiff I have had contact with for 23 years,  Full Allies, trade and everything .   the other species the House of Romulus (very forboding if your a trekkie) I have only known for 6 years and relations are just starting to build.     the House of Romulus seems to be intent on Gate building and has built quite a network, leading them to earth.    Then all of the sudden im detecting nuclear explosions in the solar system!  im thinking ive been ambushed, I have no navy ready to go to war yet, (I have that bad habit of one new tech then I can build mentality, I always want to wait a bit longer).    only it turns out the two have less then stellar friendships,  free scrap and pods are popping up all over for me.   

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
Re: Aliens Duking it out in SOL system !
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 04:27:15 PM »
Thats pretty awesome!  Ha.  When you pick up pods, can any ship pick them up, or must it be cargo-capable?

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 04:38:22 PM »
Thats pretty awesome!  Ha.  When you pick up pods, can any ship pick them up, or must it be cargo-capable?

Any ship can pick up life pods.  Think of them as a bunch of inflatable life rafts bobbing on the ocean....

John

Offline Detjen (OP)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 04:32:04 AM »
  Yea it was pretty neat but one sided.   it appears my allied ships were only cargo ships probly trading with my planets in sol,  the Neutral aliens slaughtered them pretty easly,  leaving me alot of cargo handling systems, engines and minerals to salvage,  I did recover a number of pods and learned of a few new systems though I now get errors in the Map screen because of them.       I feel kinda bad for my allies now since I didnt do anythign but watch,  fun though.      be kinda amusing if humankind found out about alien life because of a great navel battle around jupiter or something

Offline Sakai007

• Able Ordinary Rate
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 07:48:39 PM »
Terrifying you mean!!! In that circumstance, I would thing the "turtle" defense would be in order, no radio signals or anything leaving the planet, so the victors would just keep on keeping on after the fight.  Any two civilizations that could come all the way here to fight each other could easily kill us all, just one of them could.  What a thought!!! I was watching on a show that we spotted a large explosion several hundred light years away that has no cause, there was no star there or anything else, just a big boom that lasted a few days and was gone.  Makes me think we may have seen the end of a large alien star ship, or star base, that went boom in a big way.
When in doubt, charlie out!
=========================================
Sakai

Offline jRides

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • j
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 09:21:50 AM »
I was watching on a show that we spotted a large explosion several hundred light years away that has no cause, there was no star there or anything else, just a big boom that lasted a few days and was gone.
That sounds intriguing, was it a documentary?

Offline Sakai007

• Able Ordinary Rate
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 11:27:21 AM »
I believe it was.  It was something online I know since I don't have cable.  It may have been the Discovery series or the History Channel series that are about the same thing, the History one is called "The Universe".  Or it may have been at Space. com.  Either way, a search might reveal where it is at.
When in doubt, charlie out!
=========================================
Sakai