Author Topic: Swarm - fighters in the hundreds?  (Read 2693 times)

Offline Zincat (OP)

• Captain
  • Z
Swarm - fighters in the hundreds?
« on: January 25, 2014, 08:56:19 PM »
So, I fought today with my first swarm queen. Didn't spoil myself, learned through trial and error, and finally killed it. First time I went to that system, the queen had around 30 fighters....

... and when I came back to kill it, a couple years later, it had over 200?

Just wanted to know, is this normal? Because, well... it was quite a shock and things didn't go as planned, I had planned for 50-60 at most, not 200 XD Luckily my laser batteries eventually killed them all, but I did lose quite a few ships in the process.

So, did the queen spawn them, or perhaps someone sent the queen fodder? Some other less than smart NPR who kept feeding the swarm?

I also wonder if there's something bigger than the queen but... I don't want to know, so don't tell me XD

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
Re: Swarm - fighters in the hundreds?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 09:50:50 PM »
thoroughly explore the system after you win vs the queen, you should find a couple of other things.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 10:01:55 PM »
There is a reason they're called the swarm you know :p
I'm assuming an NPR probably fed the queen some survey craft or freighters, or well, something else.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Zincat (OP)

• Captain
  • Z
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 05:59:31 AM »
thoroughly explore the system after you win vs the queen, you should find a couple of other things.

I am assuming here you are referring to the 5650 tons ships in orbit around a planet. Miners or something I'd guess? Hive spawners? Hive luxury resort facilities XD ? Whatever they were, I am told my planets are selling insect parts as curiosities this week....

If there's something else, then I have missed it, but it's strange considering I surveyed the entire system. Except from a planet 800 billions of kilometers away....

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 06:29:12 AM »
Bump, so did you find anything else in the system?
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Zincat (OP)

• Captain
  • Z
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 08:32:01 AM »
No, only those ships I mentioned above