Author Topic: Space Station Maintenance rules?  (Read 1408 times)

Offline Android (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • A
Space Station Maintenance rules?
« on: March 03, 2011, 07:03:04 PM »
As topic suggests, I am curious to the maintenance rules of space stations.  I am thinking about building military space stations, towing them to hostile jump points, and using them as an active defense against anything hostile that might come through.  I am also thinking about throwing a jump drive on it to make it a jump tender, but if i do this, would the drive need to be capable of moving the station, or just the ships that would use it?

Offline dalord0

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
Re: Space Station Maintenance rules?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 07:21:38 PM »
I believe that the space station would still require maintenance exactly the same as a normal ship but as there are no engines (and I think they are the most likely to fail/expensive parts) it would require less maintenance than a ship of similar size. The jump tender idea this thread had the same idea http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,3269.0.html

Hope this all helps.

Offline Android (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • A
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 08:40:49 PM »
the linked thread doesnt answer the question on the desired size of the jump drive used

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 08:51:22 PM »
the linked thread doesnt answer the question on the desired size of the jump drive used

Jump drives may only move a ship up to the tonnage they are rated for AND the tonnage of the mounting ship.

I.E. 6000 ton rated Jump Drive, mounted in a 5900 ton hull. Largest size it will transit is 5900 tons.