Starfire > SA Bugs

Bugs you may know about, but...

(1/1)

coldsteel:
Engine Room patterns. On ships with x.5 engines per MP, SA groups engines backwards, where the last engine room wouldn't have enough power to move the ship.

example: BC hull needs 2.5 I per MP. SA groups engines 3/2/3/2/3/2 when they should be 2/3/2/3/2/3 for a speed 6 BC.

Fighter munitions. IIRC, I mentioned this before, but the F5 screen will not display fighter ecm and eccm pods for the magazine loadout. Nor will their costs be reflected.

coldsteel:
Also, I noticed that on two of the Empires on a mess-around game, any ships bigger than a DD will not appear unless you're reorganizing ships between fleets in the F4 window.

Shinanygnz:

--- Quote from: "coldsteel" ---Engine Room patterns. On ships with x.5 engines per MP, SA groups engines backwards, where the last engine room wouldn't have enough power to move the ship.

example: BC hull needs 2.5 I per MP. SA groups engines 3/2/3/2/3/2 when they should be 2/3/2/3/2/3 for a speed 6 BC.

--- End quote ---

Not a bug...
09.05.05 Some ships, such as light cruisers, are special cases because they receive one MP for every 1.5 engines. (That is, a speed 6 CL has a total of 6*1.5=9 engines.) Engine rooms aboard CLs are arranged in groups of 1 and 2 engines which must alternate. Remember that engine rooms (not the engine systems in a given engine room) may be separated by other systems, though they are shown as single chains for the purpose of the CL examples below. For example, a speed 6 CL's engines could be arranged "(I)(II)(I)(II)(I)(II)" or "(II)(I)(II)(I)(II)(I)". A CL with an odd number of movement points could make up the difference with an "i" (or "ic") mounted in its last engine room. Thus a speed 5 CL would have 5*1.5=7.5 "I," mounted "(I)(II)(I)(II)(Ii)".

Stephen

xtfoster:

--- Quote from: "Shinanygnz" ---
--- Quote from: "coldsteel" ---Engine Room patterns. On ships with x.5 engines per MP, SA groups engines backwards, where the last engine room wouldn't have enough power to move the ship.

--- End quote ---

Not a bug...
09.05.05 Some ships, such as light cruisers, are special cases because they receive one MP for every 1.5 engines. (That is, a speed 6 CL has a total of 6*1.5=9 engines.) Engine rooms aboard CLs are arranged in groups of 1 and 2 engines which must alternate. Remember that engine rooms (not the engine systems in a given engine room) may be separated by other systems, though they are shown as single chains for the purpose of the CL examples below. For example, a speed 6 CL's engines could be arranged "(I)(II)(I)(II)(I)(II)" or "(II)(I)(II)(I)(II)(I)". A CL with an odd number of movement points could make up the difference with an "i" (or "ic") mounted in its last engine room. Thus a speed 5 CL would have 5*1.5=7.5 "I," mounted "(I)(II)(I)(II)(Ii)".

Stephen
--- End quote ---
Correct. In 3rdR it was allowed to be either way. It wasn't until GSF that the requirement was added that the last engine room had to be large enough to provide 1 MP (and that any half-sized engines are part of the first engine room (before the first full sized engine))

Navigation

[0] Message Index

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version