Author Topic: What to do on Earth when you're not really there(help requested)  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Bryan Swartz (OP)

• Captain
  • B
Ok so I'm pretty confident this is a bug.  The question is I don't know how to fix it(if it is even possible).

For quite some time in my game I've been able to reassign staff officers, but not the last couple years.  I have only one TF(Fleet Headquarters).  None of the positions except the vacant 'Commander-Fleet Headquarters' one show on the Commanders(F4) screen(no matter what rank or officer I select).  The others(logistics, public affairs, etc.) have people in them, but I can't assign them anywhere.  If I unassign the current officer, there's no way to get them back into position.

On the Task Force screen, Fleet Headquarters is stated to be located on Earth.  If I select 'Earth' from the locations shown on the right with unassigned box unticked, none of the staff officers show up(unless I unassign them, in which case they are there).  They don't show up in any of the specific locations, only if All Locations is selected. 

If I create a new task force, it has the same problem(none of them can be assigned).

Are there any suggestions on what(if anything) I can do to be able to assign task force staff officers again?  Can provide saves, screen shots, etc. if they would be useful in clarifying. 

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: What to do on Earth when you're not really there(help requested)
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 07:11:34 AM »
The Commander position needs to be filled prior to filling the staff positions.

Offline Bryan Swartz (OP)

• Captain
  • B
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 07:38:01 AM »
Ah ok.  That'll make it a bit dicey since I don't have anybody who qualifies.  Thanks for the info though :)

Offline wobbly

• Chief Petty Officer
  • w
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 01:11:21 PM »
note also that if you have anyone of rank 3 or above in an office position it'll push the TF commander requirement to rank 4 & you'll have to unassign him from the task force before you can assign him to the command position.