Author Topic: So I’m back and... I’m lost...  (Read 2197 times)

Offline RedDust82 (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • R
So I’m back and... I’m lost...
« on: July 20, 2019, 08:07:58 PM »
So the last time I played aurora was probably a year and a half ago and I’ve had a hankering to get back to it.   Being on a new computer I had to instal everything again and I think I got everything right but there are several things I don’t remember from before that’s really messing up my start. . .  one thing that’s just really annoying and another that might be a legitimate change but I don’t see it in the change log and with this change I’m not sure I even know how to play anymore!

The annoying thing is that the event log keeps pausing and preventing auto turns.   I love conventional starts but it gets pretty annoying having to manually click through and then you have to actually scan each event because research completion gets lost in all the other events.   I tried to filter events out, double clicking them so they turn red in the actual events window, but they keep pausing time anyway.   Does anyone know how to fix this?

The thing that might be a legit change but I just no longer know how it works has to do with designing engines.   It used to be that you modify the engine size and power (I’m fuzzy on the specific terminology, it’s been a while) so that an engine can be classified as commercial. . .  now those drop down menus won’t let me change the size/power and stuff and there is a simple pull down to toggle between military/commercial status.   But then I just kind of went with it and I’m designing a geological survey vessel it tagged it as military. . .  so I’m kind of at a loss as to how to proceed.   Did I miss a change log?  Is there an updated tutorial?  I love this game but it’s not a game that lends itself to figuring things out by trial and error!

Anyone who can help, I’d be much obliged!  Thank you!!

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
Re: So I’m back and... I’m lost...
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 08:13:12 PM »
It sounds like you installed an old version. Are you using the portable launcher? That makes getting the latest version a lot easier. I'm not sure what you mean about the event log, but you can't change what events stop auto turns, unfortunately.

Offline RedDust82 (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • R
Re: So I’m back and... I’m lost...
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM »
Thank you so much for pointing out the version. . .  I downloaded what I found in the “installation” forum. . .  I totally missed the portable launcher sub forum.   I’m sure this’ll fix all my problems!  Can’t wait to get to it!