Author Topic: Starting with no NPRs  (Read 2401 times)

Offline a1s (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • a
Starting with no NPRs
« on: January 15, 2010, 05:36:57 PM »
I was wondering if you set number of NPRs at game start to 0, but tick the "create one or more computer controlled opponents" box, will you still get to find a new race eventually?
Terran Federation needs you oO000
to edit the Aurorawiki

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Starting with no NPRs
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 05:39:34 PM »
Quote from: "a1s"
I was wondering if you set number of NPRs at game start to 0, but tick the "create one or more computer controlled opponents" box, will you still get to find a new race eventually?
Uncheck the "Create one or more computer controlled opponents", as that affects starting NPRs, but leave checked "Generate Empires as NPRs", as the latter affects the generation of future NPRs.

Steve

Offline a1s (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • a
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 02:48:17 PM »
I probably forgot to do that... all well, I can always create new empires for me to crush. is there any way to make them computer controlled though? (I kinda wasted a lot of my RPs on sensor tech, and want to put it to good use  :twisted: )
to edit the Aurorawiki

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 05:05:04 PM »
I probably forgot to do that... all well, I can always create new empires for me to crush. is there any way to make them computer controlled though? (I kinda wasted a lot of my RPs on sensor tech, and want to put it to good use  :twisted: )
Make sure "Generate Empires as NPRs" is switched on to ensure randomly generated races are NPRs, or use the "Create as Computer-Controlled Empire" option when generating a new race manually.

Steve

Offline Zangi

• Leading Rate
  • Z
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 08:32:18 PM »
From the F9 tab?   Cause I want to be able to at least semi-decide their start like I would myself instead of having them randomly generated to be literally lightyears ahead in tech.

The Empire creation seems to either be totally random NPR vs created empire I can decide start on, like I do for myself.

I havn't found a way to turn created empires into NPR empires...  Like a same level-ish start with multiple human civs on earth to duke it out between themselves or something.

Offline metalax

• Commander
  • m
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 08:50:52 PM »
Is there any way of turning over control of a player controlled race to being a NPR?

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 08:55:08 PM »
Quote from: "metalax"
Is there any way of turning over control of a player controlled race to being a NPR?
Not at the moment

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 08:56:20 PM »
Quote from: "Zangi"
From the F9 tab?   Cause I want to be able to at least semi-decide their start like I would myself instead of having them randomly generated to be literally lightyears ahead in tech.

The Empire creation seems to either be totally random NPR vs created empire I can decide start on, like I do for myself.

I havn't found a way to turn created empires into NPR empires...  Like a same level-ish start with multiple human civs on earth to duke it out between themselves or something.
Are you using v4.82 as in that version the Create Race window has a "Create as Computer Controlled Empire" option?

Steve

Offline Zangi

• Leading Rate
  • Z
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 12:41:37 AM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Quote from: "Zangi"

Are you using v4.82 as in that version the Create Race window has a "Create as Computer Controlled Empire" option?

Steve

Great... thanks!
I was playing the v4.7 series when I was trying to do that.

Offline a1s (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • a
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 02:26:46 PM »
+1.
I guess I'll have to upgrade now (4.8 is probably better anyway...  :wink: )
to edit the Aurorawiki

Offline Zangi

• Leading Rate
  • Z
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 06:25:52 PM »
+1.
I guess I'll have to upgrade now (4.8 is probably better anyway...  :wink: )

Already 4.9  so save breaked from 4.8... there is a game breaking bug in 4.8 I believe...