Author Topic: New generated NPR races  (Read 3343 times)

Offline robberer (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • r
Re: New generated NPR races
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2016, 03:58:54 AM »
Like I said, the generation chance only runs with a system that has a body somewhat habitable. May I ask what your NPR Generation chance is set to?

100/100
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 04:01:46 AM by robberer »

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2016, 07:08:40 AM »
Odd, in a 7 jump radius from Sol in my current game, there are 3 NPRs and a spoiler (that I know of). And I only set it to 20/5.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

The following users thanked this post: robberer

Offline robberer (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • r
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2016, 10:27:56 AM »
I don't know if that matters, but at gamestart I had the attached NPR options set. Not sure if I checked generate only non-TN races too. At least in SM "add NPR" it is not possible to spawn a non-TN NPR.

If that could be the problem, in what DB table do I find this setting ? (Ah, OK, "game" table). "GenerateNPRs" column is 1 and "GenerateNonTNOnly" is 0. Seems to be right I guess.

And another question: When gets the NPR generated. When I enter/explore a new jumpgate in "system view" or when someone actually enters the system ?

« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 10:41:58 AM by robberer »

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2016, 10:43:58 AM »
Honestly you should have put at least 1 NPR Empire at the start. I will guarantee that if you did there would be a half dozen or so NPRs running around. Also, may I see the design the Green Martians are using to scout out the universe?

And another question: When gets the NPR generated. When I enter/explore a new jumpgate in "system view" or when someone actually enters the system ?
When the system is generated, as well as the next few systems. In the Race window, there is a field labeled "Min Sys Num" and "Max Num", those are how many additional systems. At the default it only generates the system you are entering for the first time, but if you increase the maximum a few (like to 2-4) there will be more chances for some NPRs to be generated that you can't see yet. But be warned this will slow down system generation quite a bit.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 11:18:28 AM by 83athom »
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

The following users thanked this post: robberer

Offline robberer (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • r
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2016, 01:11:31 PM »
Honestly you should have put at least 1 NPR Empire at the start. I will guarantee that if you did there would be a half dozen or so NPRs running around. Also, may I see the design the Green Martians are using to scout out the universe?
 When the system is generated, as well as the next few systems. In the Race window, there is a field labeled "Min Sys Num" and "Max Num", those are how many additional systems. At the default it only generates the system you are entering for the first time, but if you increase the maximum a few (like to 2-4) there will be more chances for some NPRs to be generated that you can't see yet. But be warned this will slow down system generation quite a bit.

I got the idea of setting NPR to 0 from a tutorial of "quill18" on youtube. Before I started playing i've watched his first episode in which he explained in detail how game generation works - you may have a look at this video
and watch it from minute 6 for 90 seconds.

In a test-save game I've used the "add npr" option in SM mode. That's actually is doing what i've expect but it is somewhat spoiling the game fun because I know there IS someone. That's different from knowing that there is SOMEONE. ;-)

Regard the "Green Martians". I will provide a link to my savegame soon.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 01:22:48 PM by robberer »

Offline robberer (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • r
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2016, 07:07:58 AM »
Honestly you should have put at least 1 NPR Empire at the start. I will guarantee that if you did there would be a half dozen or so NPRs running around.

I think you're right. Discovered (let 'em discovered by NPR) nearly 150 systems. NO NPR so far. Except in my testgame where i've manually added a new species via SM Main Menu. It was exactly the race i've added that i've dicovered (by scouting the galaxy with my own ships). Tests with NPR scouting are negative so far, even with a 100/100 chance.

Where do I find the source code of this fantastic game ? :-) (just joking)