Author Topic: New order template function and cargo view  (Read 2000 times)

Offline Kaiser (OP)

• Commander
  • K
New order template function and cargo view
« on: April 28, 2014, 04:43:22 AM »
Hi
Before 6.40 I could see what my cargo ships were carrying in that moment opening the task group window, now there's a new order template function whcih doesn't allow me to see the cargo, unless I enter in the individual unit details.
Can someone explain me how this order template works and if there's a better way to watch my actual cargo?

Offline Prince of Space

• Lieutenant
  • We like it very much.
Re: New order template function and cargo view
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 08:17:12 AM »
Is this with reduced height windows on? If so I had the same problem in 6.30. I think the reduced height windows version of the Task Force window wasn't proofed for formatting overlap when the order template box was added. I reported it as a bug in 6.30 but I've been too busy with RL this past week to even crack open 6.41 and see if it got fixed.

Offline Kaiser (OP)

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 08:25:12 AM »
uh, yes. I have just tried to disable reduced heights window option and now I can see 3 different panels (order templates, default,conditional orders and cargo panel), but only the label is visible for the last one.

Offline Prince of Space

• Lieutenant
  • We like it very much.
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 12:37:27 PM »
Just to clarify, is the cargo panel now hidden because your screen is too short to fit the full sized window, or can you see the whole window and the cargo panel is still obscured? If the latter is the case, that sounds like a bug. On my computer it's the former, so I can't check it myself.

Offline Kaiser (OP)

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 04:08:42 PM »
So, with the option "reduced height windows" disabled, I cannot see the cargo panel as well as all the bottons on down (New Task gropu, rename TS, delete TS etc.) With this option enabled (I have always played with it) I can see only 1 order template panel.
I added two screen.. 106 is without the option, 107 with.

Offline Sharp

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • S
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 04:52:05 PM »
It's working fine for me, maybe try re downloading patch 6.41 the new 6.42 patch?

Also have you tried dragging the edge of the box to see if it will expand? It shouldn't but your 106 screenshot looks pretty weird.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 04:54:27 PM by Sharp »

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 04:55:23 PM »
I haven't been checking on the Reduced window height option during recent patches so it's entirely possible I haven't moved something. Unfortunately in VB6 you have to manually specify the location of every control if you resize a window. In C# for example, you can set things up so that controls automatically resize along with the window (much easier!).

Offline Kaiser (OP)

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 05:09:38 PM »
It's working fine for me, maybe try re downloading patch 6.41 the new 6.42 patch?

Also have you tried dragging the edge of the box to see if it will expand? It shouldn't but your 106 screenshot looks pretty weird.

Can't of course, windows are stuck!

I haven't been checking on the Reduced window height option during recent patches so it's entirely possible I haven't moved something. Unfortunately in VB6 you have to manually specify the location of every control if you resize a window. In C# for example, you can set things up so that controls automatically resize along with the window (much easier!).

Steve, Steve...bad bad bad!  ;D well, this is not a serious problem, due to We can see cargo in other ways and it's still possible use the new order option, but... 6.42 anyone???  :-[

Offline Sharp

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • S
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 05:19:31 PM »
Steve, Steve...bad bad bad!  ;D well, this is not a serious problem, due to We can see cargo in other ways and it's still possible use the new order option, but... 6.42 anyone???  :-[

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,7054.0.html

6.43 anyone??

Offline Kaiser (OP)

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 05:21:04 PM »
Urgh, I hadn't seen it  :o