Author Topic: Civilian Shipping Gone Wild!  (Read 1865 times)

Offline Bandus (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
  • Discord Username: Bandus#6943
Civilian Shipping Gone Wild!
« on: February 16, 2014, 04:09:36 AM »
So, the Sol system is up to around 7 unique civilian shipping companies and it is wrecking havoc with game advancement. Every 5 days there is scrapping and new ship launch causing interrupts. The last time I searched for info on this topic, the only "solution" was to steal their ships via tractor beams, etc.

My question is: Is there any other way to deal with this? Designer mode? Database access? Anything?
"Just this once --- everybody lives!" - My Doctor

Offline ollobrains

• Commander
  • o
Re: Civilian Shipping Gone Wild!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 04:34:19 AM »
wait for 6.4 it gets fixed

Offline Bandus (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
  • Discord Username: Bandus#6943
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 04:37:03 AM »
wait for 6.4 it gets fixed

Ah, I was unaware of this. It's been confirmed that 6.4 will cause them to stop interrupting, etc? Do you have a link to where this was stated by chance? Thanks!
"Just this once --- everybody lives!" - My Doctor

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 06:20:23 AM »
Ah, I was unaware of this. It's been confirmed that 6.4 will cause them to stop interrupting, etc? Do you have a link to where this was stated by chance? Thanks!

The idea is that civilian traffic will be reduced:

Quote from: Steve
Changes to Shipping Lines

At the moment when a shipping line builds a new ship it checks for ships that are more than 10 years old and are not currently carrying out orders. If it can find one, it is immediately scrapped. The problem is that civilian ships are rarely doing nothing.

In v6.40, when a shipping line builds a new ship it checks for ships that are more than 10 years old regardless of current orders. If it can find one, it is flagged for future scrapping and its default orders are removed. During the 5-day update any ships flagged for scrap and without orders are scrapped at that point. This should result in a lot more of the older ships being scrapped.

I've also added Huge Freighters and Huge Colony Ships, which have 5x the capacity of the Small versions, as potential designs for Shipping Lines. In addition, when choosing a Colony Ship or Freighter the Shipping Line will choose the largest vessel it can afford within the category (after accounting for future dividends) rather than selecting randomly.

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,6532.0.html

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 06:04:55 AM »
You could try the suggestion I gave someone earlier this year, minefield your shipping lanes untill those civs go bankrupt, or blast them apart with lasers[], I think someone mentioned it was possible to directly target your civilians.
Maybe even missiles if that's possible.

1) Design a long range very fast missile with a huge thermal sensor
2) space master in a PDC with 100 tubes and a large magazine, also fire control and active sensor if that kind of thing floats your boat
3) set a waypoint as close to earth as possible
3) under individual ship window use the "Missile launch button"
4) profit (design some salvagers and put them to work, if you don't think it's right to use the extra resources just dump them on a rock somewhere)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 06:30:22 AM by MarcAFK »
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "