Author Topic: "X SP needed"  (Read 1279 times)

Offline Meridian (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • M
"X SP needed"
« on: June 15, 2010, 10:46:35 AM »
Hello again :(

I am having a problem with Grav survey vessels this time. It seems that when ever I send them to do a survey of any body they show a "X amount SP needed" so I wait and wait, I have done this over a year, and nothing happens. These ships are copied from my Geo survey ships that work absolutely fine.

Code: [Select]
Colombia class Gravitational Survey Vessel    1550 tons     143 Crew     321 BP      TCS 31  TH 50  EM 0
1612 km/s     Armour 1-11     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/2/0     Damage Control Rating 1     PPV 0
Annual Failure Rate: 19%    IFR: 0.3%    Maint Capacity 129 MSP    Max Repair 100 MSP    Est Time: 3.18 Years

Nuclear Thermal Engine E10 (2)    Power 25    Fuel Use 100%    Signature 25    Armour 0    Exp 5%
Fuel Capacity 50,000 Litres    Range 58.0 billion km   (416 days at full power)

Active Search Sensor S20-R2 (1)     GPS 40     Range 400k km    Resolution 2
Active Search Sensor S20-R100 (1)     GPS 2000     Range 20.0m km    Resolution 100
Gravitational Survey Sensors (2)   2 Survey Points Per Hour

This design is classed as a military vessel for maintenance purposes

This is the ship. Why is my problem happening?

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
Re: "X SP needed"
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 10:58:52 AM »
You are sending them to do the job of a geosurvey ship which naturally they cannot do.
Geosurvey ships carry out geosurveys of bodies.
Grav survey ships carry out gravitional surveys of systems , by far the easiest way of going this is to give them the default order to durvey nearest (or nearest 3) survey locations. Or you can bring up the individual list of furvey locations and tell them to go and survey those

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 10:59:23 AM »
Gravitational survey ships are intended for survey locations, not system bodies. You need to give them an order to carry out a gravitational survey of a specific Survey Location. Or, much easier, set the default order for the fleet to Survey Next Survey Location. They can't survey planets.

Steve

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 05:52:41 PM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Gravitational survey ships are intended for survey locations, not system bodies. You need to give them an order to carry out a gravitational survey of a specific Survey Location. Or, much easier, set the default order for the fleet to Survey Next Survey Location. They can't survey planets.

This is the second time I've seen this misunderstanding in a new user.  Would it make sense to have TG with 0 survey points (of the right type) throw a warning event on 5-days?

John

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 05:55:58 AM »
Quote from: "sloanjh"
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"

This is the second time I've seen this misunderstanding in a new user.  Would it make sense to have TG with 0 survey points (of the right type) throw a warning event on 5-days?

John
Makes sense to me, alternatively the labels could be changed to GrSp and GeSp to help in differentiating between the 2 types.
Welchbloke