Author Topic: Deleting ships from the "Naval Organization" tab?  (Read 1709 times)

Offline Jorgen_CAB (OP)

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
Deleting ships from the "Naval Organization" tab?
« on: July 03, 2012, 07:49:42 AM »
I have a straight forward question... how do I remove ships that I added to a branch in the naval organization scheme without moving it somewhere else?

Or is it not possible to remove a ship from the branch once you added it in?

Also... is there no way to add some default branch where newly constructed ships get added to automatically?
It sometimes is difficult to know which ships you added and if you actually forgot to add any ships to the naval hierarchy previously.

Offline andrea69

• Sub-Lieutenant
Re: Deleting ships from the "Naval Organization" tab?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 09:28:31 AM »
Yesterday I started for the first time to play a little bit with the naval organization window. Looks like the only way to remove an assigned ship from a branch is to remove the branch itself.
And also agree it would be nice to have the possibility to add a newly constructed ship to a branch directly from the shipyard screen.
I would also add another question to yours: I tried to add other task groups and divide ships between them. At the moment my goal is to divide commercial and military ships, so that when I open the task group window and select a task force on the task force dropdown list, then only task groups belonging to that task force are presented in the dropdown list of the task group, but this doesn't work. I wonder if there is any way to make the dropdown list of the task groups less populated.

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 02:02:50 PM »
I don´t think you can realy un-clutter the TG drop-down list. However, there are ways to sort the list.

First, don´t name your TGs 1st Battle Group, 2nd Battle Group, 1st Freighter Fleet, 2nd Colony Group. The list is sorted alphabetically and so all 1st xxx will be listed after each other, then all 2nd and so on. Better to name them Battle Group 1, Battle Group 2, Freighter Fleet 1, Colony Group 2 and so on. This way, all Battle Groups will be listed together.

What I do in addition, is to put <Space> in front of important TGs

3 x <Space> in front of the Shipyard TG, where all newly build ships are put
2 x <Space> in front of all major combat TGs
1 x <Space> in front of all minor combat TGs
no <Space> in front of Freighter/Colony/Terraformer/... TGs

The first TG shown is now the Shipyard, then all the major combat TGs, then all minor combat TGs and then all "commercial" TGs.

Hope this helps a bit.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline andrea69

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 02:48:45 PM »
Yes, thanks. That's a nice trick  :)

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 01:31:50 PM »
Haha, that's better than my "x" trick of adding x in front of the TGs that I don't need to touch very often (terraformers, fuel harvesters, asteroid miners).