Author Topic: Survey Fleet won't load MSP  (Read 1678 times)

Offline CaiusIuliusCaesar (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • C
Survey Fleet won't load MSP
« on: January 27, 2021, 09:10:01 AM »
Dear Community,

another noobish question which kind of baffles me.         
I built three jump-capable ships to go geosurvey nearby systems.  I noticed they were built with 0 MSP loaded.  So I went ahead, did some reading and found out that they needed more maintenance facilities to service them.  So I rushed their construction and ordered the fleet to go and resupply at Earth.   Unfortunately, it seems like they only resupplied a small fraction of their MSP.  Or maybe my math just doesn't check out.         
Here are the screenshots of A.  the class design (please don't laugh) B.  the logistics tab and C.  Earth summary.  Please tell me what I'm doing wrong / not seeing.     

https://ibb. co/xhk0Xjc
https://ibb. co/vJjJGwG
https://ibb. co/mXsY11w

Many thanks!

Edit: For some reason, the URL-tags do not work on the links.     .     .      sorry for the inconvenience.     
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 09:15:13 AM by CaiusIuliusCaesar »

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
Re: Survey Fleet won't load MSP
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 09:18:28 AM »
Dear Community,

another noobish question which kind of baffles me.         
I built three jump-capable ships to go geosurvey nearby systems.  I noticed they were built with 0 MSP loaded.  So I went ahead, did some reading and found out that they needed more maintenance facilities to service them.  So I rushed their construction and ordered the fleet to go and resupply at Earth.   Unfortunately, it seems like they only resupplied a small fraction of their MSP.  Or maybe my math just doesn't check out.         
Here are the screenshots of A.  the class design (please don't laugh) B.  the logistics tab and C.  Earth summary.  Please tell me what I'm doing wrong / not seeing.     

https://ibb. co/xhk0Xjc
https://ibb. co/vJjJGwG
https://ibb. co/mXsY11w

Many thanks!

Edit: For some reason, the URL-tags do not work on the links.     .     .      sorry for the inconvenience.   

In your economics tab screenshot it shows you have no maintenance supplies available as such it makes sense you would not be able to resupply your ships fully, you need to actively create maintenance supplies with your facilities in the industry tab at the bottom. that should be your answer.

Offline CaiusIuliusCaesar (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • C
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 09:19:49 AM »
Ohhhhhhhh. . . . .  yeah now I feel stupid :)
Many thanks!

Offline Panpiper

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • P
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 09:22:41 AM »
In your economics tab screenshot it shows you have no maintenance supplies available as such it makes sense you would not be able to resupply your ships fully, you need to actively create maintenance supplies with your facilities in the industry tab at the bottom. that should be your answer.

Er... As far as I know, maintenance supplies are generated automatically by the number of maintenance facilities you have. You cannot produce them with your industry. If you don't have enough, all you can do is wait, and maybe build more maintenance facilities.

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2021, 09:25:58 AM »

Er... As far as I know, maintenance supplies are generated automatically by the number of maintenance facilities you have. You cannot produce them with your industry. If you don't have enough, all you can do is wait, and maybe build more maintenance facilities.

They are not generated automatically, and i did not say you can produce them with industry, there is a specific tab and button where you can tell your maintenance facilities to stop or start production of maintenance supplies. if you doubt me you can check yourself its in the industry tab.

Offline Rich.h

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2021, 03:56:22 PM »

They are not generated automatically, and i did not say you can produce them with industry, there is a specific tab and button where you can tell your maintenance facilities to stop or start production of maintenance supplies. if you doubt me you can check yourself its in the industry tab.

In addition to above MSP also requires minerals to build. So you can find yourself on a mineral shortage when trying to make more MSP.

Offline unkfester

• Silver Supporter
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Discord Username: unkfester
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2021, 09:55:04 AM »

In addition to above MSP also requires minerals to build. So you can find yourself on a mineral shortage when trying to make more MSP.

Plus in my experience you need a lot of maintenance facilities